PDA

View Full Version : Carpology fitty !!!

Ap20
10-06-2013, 13:35
Where's my original post gone about the carpology fitty??? Are the mods still removing threads with out explanations????

Dalthegooner
10-06-2013, 15:01
I would respond, but this thread will be deleted before you read it :-D

kapscarper
10-06-2013, 16:25
Don't know why it was deleted. Nothing slanderous was said. Nothing other then an opinion. No reason whatsoever why that was deleted. Guess someone's had a bad day at work/small tool syndrome. Another nail in the coffin

common
10-06-2013, 16:44
Kapscarper are you ever even remotely positive - or do you permanently suffer from small tool syndrome yourself?

The Ology thread had nothing nice to say, it made a load of unfounded conclusions that were so wrong it was laughable and it's threads like that, directed against a UK business that's run by some smashing blokes, which are the real nails in the coffin on here.

Hippy
10-06-2013, 16:51
Exactly - it may have been an opinion, but it was unpleasant and somewhat abusive towards the guys at 'ology - not really necessary in a carp fishing forum. Sorry for not posting why it was deleted - I thought it was pretty obvious given the content.

Floaters
10-06-2013, 17:03
Hippy...just out of interest, who's the head honcho of this site now?

sleng
10-06-2013, 17:04
Smashing blokes they may be, they still produce a very adolescent looking publication with some ropey looking birds in it. Seems to appeal to the "average carp angler" these days though.
The fact that there's more full page adverts and pictures of hair cuts, than there are actual articles is nothing but a sign of advertising revenue being of more importantance than readable content. But let's face it, most of their readership do little more than gaze at the pictures and wish they were tel. Everyone wins, fiver a pop too. :notworthy:

Hippy
10-06-2013, 17:18
Hippy...just out of interest, who's the head honcho of this site now?

Now owned and run by Richard Stangroom

Smashing blokes they may be, they still produce a very adolescent looking publication with some ropey looking birds in it. Seems to appeal to the "average carp angler" these days though.
The fact that there's more full page adverts and pictures of hair cuts, than there are actual articles is nothing but a sign of advertising revenue being of more importantance than readable content. But let's face it, most of their readership do little more than gaze at the pictures and wish they were tel. Everyone wins, fiver a pop too. :notworthy:

Personally, I'm a subscriber, but that's mainly the mental subs offers they do at Sandown every year. They have a few good articles each month (I do Regan though).

Just to be clear - the original thread was deleted not because it had a pop at 'ology, but the unpleasant language and personal insults it contained. No problem with anyone expressing an opinion, but in good taste please.

MrFrosty
10-06-2013, 17:32
There are a few bits in the mag that make me chuckle I do like Dave lanes writing he always makes me chuckle and rhe last 2 terry hearn articles have been good. Have to admit though the rest of it is a bit ropey imo.

StealthyStalker
10-06-2013, 21:29
if I want some bird in a mag ill pick up nuts....give me looker of the month and make it a CARP.

I like the mag, rob Hughes underwater articles were some of the best and Jason Hayward is always thought provoking. Put it above total, advanced, and BC tbf

Ap20
10-06-2013, 21:42
Exactly - it may have been an opinion, but it was unpleasant and somewhat abusive towards the guys at 'ology - not really necessary in a carp fishing forum. Sorry for not posting why it was deleted - I thought it was pretty obvious given the content.

Well to be honest I didn't read any of the replays so can't comment on other comments.
They may be a great bunch of guys at ology (spelt the way you say it when your in the click!!!) but there are obviously forum members who have issues with the mag and like to discuss them on a fishing forum, if the 'ology' Guys read the threads then I'm sure there big enough to handle negative feed back as negative feed back can be great help, but obviously they might not of been able to read the comments now as you jumped to there rescue so not to hurt there feelings!!! Oh well lets only tell someone when they've done good!! Do you go to a restaurant and leave a tip when the service is bad??? Or only if it Danny fairbrass is serving ya!!!

kapscarper
11-06-2013, 05:53
Kapscarper are you ever even remotely positive - or do you permanently suffer from small tool syndrome yourself?

The Ology thread had nothing nice to say, it made a load of unfounded conclusions that were so wrong it was laughable and it's threads like that, directed against a UK business that's run by some smashing blokes, which are the real nails in the coffin on here.

Lol coming from you that is truly brilliant. The stand out muppet of the forum - again my opinion so don't get your knicker elastic in a twist son.

yeah if something positive needs saying then I'll say it........but good guys or not I'm a consumer, I'm a paying customer so I am entitled to an opinion just like you or anyone else and if I want to say a magazine is gash then quite frankly what's it got to do with you?? UK run or not does that give them the green light to make something that was once the best available into something what it is today?

Smashing guys?? Oh dear better get the chapstick out........I'm sorry but you won't be getting a deal off the 'ology' guys or perhaps you're hoping to be the next mod on here?? Because how you come across in most of your posts well all I've got to say is I'd deffo vote 'YES' on you being a mod..... You have every quality needed to suceed

common
11-06-2013, 06:00
Lol someones tetchy today (again)!

kapscarper
11-06-2013, 06:05
If you mean me then I'm always tetchy when either of 2 things happen.........when A) I wake up to early or B) some jumped up little no mark has a dig and trys belittling me for saying something on a fishing forum - about fishing

If you mean yourself then it's ok we have come to accept it by now

common
11-06-2013, 06:08
Lol youre so angry kaps. No mark and muppet? Fishings supposed to chill you out.

Popcorn meme :)

apples
11-06-2013, 08:25
the unpleasant language and personal insults it contained.

I thought the subject matter was a good choice for a rant, but I thought the execution was somewhat restrained due to the LACK of unpleasant language and venomous personal insults.

;)

kapscarper
11-06-2013, 09:03
Lol youre so angry kaps. Fishings supposed to chill you out.

Popcorn meme :)

I'm not angry just honest and I'm not fishing I'm at home. The fish near me are doing something you've quite clearly never experienced ;)

stiggy
11-06-2013, 09:26
Always alternatives

"fat and fifty "

not a lot of advertising in that mag and some great trophy shots with a fishy genre

old flangey boy
11-06-2013, 12:01
heres an idea, and please bare in mind it is just and idea,

why not stop moaning and ripping each other and maybe go fishing?

like I said tho, just an idea

Clarksee
11-06-2013, 12:21
Delete this thread, so boring

kapscarper
11-06-2013, 13:48
heres an idea, and please bare in mind it is just and idea,

why not stop moaning and ripping each other and maybe go fishing?

like I said tho, just an idea

Good idea here's another and please bear in mind this is also just an idea.........

Sshhhhhhhhh

Hippy
11-06-2013, 15:51
Well to be honest I didn't read any of the replays so can't comment on other comments.
They may be a great bunch of guys at ology (spelt the way you say it when your in the click!!!) but there are obviously forum members who have issues with the mag and like to discuss them on a fishing forum, if the 'ology' Guys read the threads then I'm sure there big enough to handle negative feed back as negative feed back can be great help, but obviously they might not of been able to read the comments now as you jumped to there rescue so not to hurt there feelings!!! Oh well lets only tell someone when they've done good!! Do you go to a restaurant and leave a tip when the service is bad??? Or only if it Danny fairbrass is serving ya!!!

I think you might want to go and re-read the thread, as you are not talking to the right person here.
To re-iterate - I have NO PROBLEM with anyone coming onto the forum, and criticising anyone they want to. The ology boys are big enough to cope.
I didn't delete your post because it contained criticisum, but because you made some really rather unpleasant and lewd remarks that have no useful place on a fishing forum.

jimmy-f
11-06-2013, 16:54
Always alternatives

"fat and fifty "

not a lot of advertising in that mag and some great trophy shots with a fishy genre

:lol: I hear the simmo section is popular with anglers of darker skin heritage :thumbs:

kapscarper
12-06-2013, 08:40

Did you ever find out who's turds were clogging up the Frimley paths lmao