Cork ball pop ups and need some advice.

Can anyone please tell me what sized balls
to what sized paste? And also size of
Rolling table.

Many thanks in advance guys

Don't start...........It allready sounds like Matt's havin a bad day. :lol::D

MiniMilk
03-06-2013, 11:59
i use an 10mm cork ball for a 14-15mm pop up, or a 12mm cork ball to a 15-16mm. But i don't use a rolling table i hand roll em.

Cobra
03-06-2013, 17:04
Many thanks

carphooker
03-06-2013, 18:50
http://www.carp-tart.com/products/pop-impress.html

not used one myself but will be giving it a try soon , looks spot on to me

MiniMilk
03-06-2013, 21:16
added tip, soak cork balls in egg yolk prior to rolling em. paste sticks better.

lump
03-06-2013, 21:49
Hi dude.

Sieve base mix to remove oyster shell and non fine ingredients. This will keep your baits harder for longer and makes them easier to roll around a cork ball.

As matey above said, dip cork balls in yolk. The paste will bind and hold to the cork ball better

I put a 12mm sausage through a 14mm table to give little portions of paste. This will make the hand rolling faster and make all your hook baits the same. Important if balancing baits.

Add egg albumin at 10% for hard baits. I like to know I can leave my hook baits out for 48hrs with confidence

Good luck fella.

masterbaits.
04-06-2013, 06:56
Keeping the boiling time low will stop the baits turning egg shaped as well.

kathrynshubby
04-06-2013, 08:28
good advice given, Lump particularly. However be careful with 10% inclusion rates of albumin with certain mixes (nut / B5) as they'll be inclined to crack when drying.With a standard fishmeal you'll be fine.
The baits won't go egg shaped if you get all the air out when closing the paste, that's the most important thing. Wettinging the cork with egg helps this as well as when you close the paste round the cork the paste will slide round the cork far better and will squeeze the air out as it goes. A tip from me, have a little dish with some sunflower oil in it to hand, lightly coat your fingers in oil and it will help greatly in preventing the paste sticking to you and not the cork!
When boiling, do it in small batches, keep the baits moving all the time with a spoon being careful not to damage the baits as you move them. 40 seconds boil is more than enough if you keep them moving

Matt