PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thankyou

pigpen
21-05-2013, 00:07
Not a plug for a Bait Company and not a glowing report about the quality or fish catching properties of the bait (although the quality is exellent and i have no doubt at all that when me and William get out to use it we will catch fish)

About 18 months ago i made a comment on the "help wanted from old school collectors" thread. The comment was made simply to thank Terry Dempsey and Mark Casper for creating a thread that had my little boy who has (HAS not suffers from) Aspergers and ADHD enthralled. These 2 almost conflicting conditions mean that whilst he is massivley intellegent he does often retreat into his own world and it is often hard to get him to focus on a single task for any longer than a few minutes. However he sat and read and read that thread, as soon as he got in from school he was straight onto the computer to look for new posts. (of course i encouraged this as at the time he was four and a half and reading the thread word by word, far more complex reading at that age than the curriculem led books that he had mastered by 3 years old anyway).

Never did i expect what was simply a message of thanks from me and William to get such a response. Personal phone calls from Mark to see how William was doing, a signed book for William from Terry (which he has read cover to cover, sits on his bedside desk, and has seen Carp Protectors join the ranks of Bowser, Plankton and Vilgax in the childrens world of super villains.)

Touched and overwhelmed by this point at such fantastic gestures that made my son fantastically happy and his smile to be fair is the most valuable thing in the world to me. I never expected what happened next. Arriving home from dropping William off at school i found a post office letter telling me to go to the sorting office to collect a parcel. Off i go and collect a brown package addressed to William. Upon opening i find the contents to be 2 pots of hookbaits S1 and S2. the same a few weeks ago this time F1 and F2.

The value of recieving these packages to William can not be measured in money, in his world something addressed to him made for him is such a big deal.

So not a plug for the company or the book instead a plug for the quality of the 2 gentlemen involved Terry and Mark have made my little lad so happy and have helped me to nurture his enthusiasm for our passtime which i think will be of huge benefit to his development on an emotional and social level i really cannot thank them enough.

David Norburn

stubill
21-05-2013, 00:28
It's good to hear stories like this.

Terry and Mark are obviously 2 of lifes' good guys, taking the time to think of your son and the generosity to take the time to send these gifts shows them to be true gentlemen, well done fellas for making this little boys life a richer one.

David, my best wishes to you and William and may the smiles continue.

Elty
21-05-2013, 06:24
:thumbs:

a nice start to Tuesday.

roamingrich
21-05-2013, 06:58
What an uplifting thread, and two absolutely great guys.

Tuttifrutti
21-05-2013, 07:41
Brilliant stuff David - makes all the difference obviously and small gestures like that to people like Mark & Terry, can do so much. Well done lads.

Now i've had a thought - you mentioned that your lad is excited when a package arrives addressed to him - I have my subscription to Carpworld that adorns my loo for reading during those special moments. When i'm done with them, I bin them normally. If you pm me yours/his info, i'll post them off to him for the remainder of the subscription (prob about 4/5 issues). That should give him something to read ;)

If others feel they want to follow suit then the postie will be a busy man :)

Humbers
21-05-2013, 07:50
Nice touch David. I'm sure your boy has found something in fishing that will stay with him for life, great stuff. Props to Mark and Terry too and a nice offer from Tutti.

wac
21-05-2013, 07:58
Good work all

MooseMan
21-05-2013, 08:13
Thanks for sharing that with us David. It might not be a very "Manly" thing to say but I am quite emotional from reading it. Getting ready to poke myself in the eye if someone comes into the office!

It's nice to start the day with the realisation that there are still some good people out there who care and the world is not all bad after all.
And there is no act more worthy than making a child happy.

I hope William enjoys his fishing this year, and for years to come.

Cyprinius
21-05-2013, 08:26
Thanks for sharing that with us David. It might not be a very "Manly" thing to say but I am quite emotional from reading it. Getting ready to poke myself in the eye if someone comes into the office!

It's nice to start the day with the realisation that there are still some good people out there who care and the world is not all bad after all.
And there is no act more worthy than making a child happy.

I hope William enjoys his fishing this year, and for years to come.

Agree 100% MM :thumbs: Very best wishes to little William. :cool:

However, it's important to remember that 99% of people are 'good people' and despite what we're fed daily by the media, the scumbags really are in the minority.

SlimKim
21-05-2013, 08:38
and has seen Carp Protectors join the ranks of Bowser, Plankton and Vilgax in the childrens world of super villains

:lol:

Clarksee
21-05-2013, 08:46
What a lovely thread, David and William you should be proud of yourselves and each other. Nice touch from Terry and Mark too, some of us forget so easily how nice it can feel to put a smile on someone's face. Best of luck

bobreid
21-05-2013, 09:17
I think reading that will put a smile on a lot of parents faces

sheps31
21-05-2013, 10:44
I think reading that will put a smile on a lot of parents faces

Absolutely, nice touch chaps to make the little man so happy :)

989lips
21-05-2013, 10:45
We need more stories like this. Excellent thread and a great start to a Tuesday as said above :thumbs:

kenmundo
21-05-2013, 11:43
A top man. This is a great story. Well done to all involved. I too have a load of mags that just get thrown out after reading. Let me know if you want them David and I'll get them in the post.

bully
21-05-2013, 11:43
lovely thread and i can only echo what's already been said......

'Touched and overwhelmed by this point at such fantastic gestures that made my son fantastically happy and his smile to be fair is the most valuable thing in the world to me.'

nothing beats seeing your son/daughter smile/be happy......

Lumphunter
21-05-2013, 16:26
Great post Pigpen.

Well done Tel and Mark!! Top fellas and a great gesture! Well done guys!

carp unit
21-05-2013, 16:37
That's a beautiful thing :thumbs:

Flipper_al
21-05-2013, 16:52
:) :) :) nuff said

tuggers
21-05-2013, 18:46
Special.

gurujosh
21-05-2013, 19:29
Ace!!!:clap:

Tim1
21-05-2013, 19:44
The good side of carpfishing, well done.

JazzHands
21-05-2013, 20:20
Not a plug for a Bait Company and not a glowing report about the quality or fish catching properties of the bait (although the quality is exellent and i have no doubt at all that when me and William get out to use it we will catch fish)

About 18 months ago i made a comment on the "help wanted from old school collectors" thread. The comment was made simply to thank Terry Dempsey and Mark Casper for creating a thread that had my little boy who has (HAS not suffers from) Aspergers and ADHD enthralled. These 2 almost conflicting conditions mean that whilst he is massivley intellegent he does often retreat into his own world and it is often hard to get him to focus on a single task for any longer than a few minutes. However he sat and read and read that thread, as soon as he got in from school he was straight onto the computer to look for new posts. (of course i encouraged this as at the time he was four and a half and reading the thread word by word, far more complex reading at that age than the curriculem led books that he had mastered by 3 years old anyway).

Never did i expect what was simply a message of thanks from me and William to get such a response. Personal phone calls from Mark to see how William was doing, a signed book for William from Terry (which he has read cover to cover, sits on his bedside desk, and has seen Carp Protectors join the ranks of Bowser, Plankton and Vilgax in the childrens world of super villains.)

Touched and overwhelmed by this point at such fantastic gestures that made my son fantastically happy and his smile to be fair is the most valuable thing in the world to me. I never expected what happened next. Arriving home from dropping William off at school i found a post office letter telling me to go to the sorting office to collect a parcel. Off i go and collect a brown package addressed to William. Upon opening i find the contents to be 2 pots of hookbaits S1 and S2. the same a few weeks ago this time F1 and F2.

The value of recieving these packages to William can not be measured in money, in his world something addressed to him made for him is such a big deal.

So not a plug for the company or the book instead a plug for the quality of the 2 gentlemen involved Terry and Mark have made my little lad so happy and have helped me to nurture his enthusiasm for our passtime which i think will be of huge benefit to his development on an emotional and social level i really cannot thank them enough.

David Norburn

Thank you very much indeed David, you really did not need to say any of that at all, but it's very kind of you to.

I hope William is well, tell him I expect to see a picture of a new PB bloody soon!

Mark Casper

pigpen
21-05-2013, 23:45
It's true Mark and whilst i know i had no need to post this, the pictures in your gallery on your company page tell their own story regarding the effectivness of your bait but i thought it was also prudent that people get the chance to see the sort of human being they are dealing with. in this case an utter star and gentleman.

We havent caught carp yet but we have been piking...

had a few crucians....

And had a walk and a paddle at my local sand quarry having a look on the only sunny day of the year so far...

All in all if he is in or near water then he is a happy chap.

Dave

carphooker
21-05-2013, 23:51
thats a great gesture from Mark and Terry , nice to see another angler in the making , you're local sand quarry looks lovely , bet there are a few dark ones swimming about in that crystal clear water ?

pigpen
22-05-2013, 00:08
thats a great gesture from Mark and Terry , nice to see another angler in the making , you're local sand quarry looks lovely , bet there are a few dark ones swimming about in that crystal clear water ?

There are mate yeah, along with the brothers and sisters of the Deer Park commons from the Forgotten Chapters

JSlinn
22-05-2013, 00:12
This was a great post to have read first thing this morning it instantly put a smile to my face.

Paul-AD
22-05-2013, 08:19
Great story & gesture.

JazzHands
22-05-2013, 10:44
It's true Mark and whilst i know i had no need to post this, the pictures in your gallery on your company page tell their own story regarding the effectivness of your bait but i thought it was also prudent that people get the chance to see the sort of human being they are dealing with. in this case an utter star and gentleman.

We havent caught carp yet but we have been piking...

had a few crucians....

And had a walk and a paddle at my local sand quarry having a look on the only sunny day of the year so far...

All in all if he is in or near water then he is a happy chap.

Dave

You made me blush :) I had a text message while fishing to say come on here & look. I will tell Terry to have a look in on here later ;)

Great pictures of William, & thank you again David for the lovely words :)