PDA

View Full Version : Basket for a burco

kapscarper
15-05-2013, 12:14
What do you guys use that own burcos? I need a big strong basket for removing boilies once cooked

Cheers

carphooker
15-05-2013, 12:21
wire mesh waste paper bins are perfect , just buy one that fits in the burco

chanmenie
15-05-2013, 13:47
I made one out of 6mm weldmesh I have loads of the stuff pity you are in Kent you could have some

sleng
15-05-2013, 13:50
Air dry bags, no rusty bins or messing around.

StealthyStalker
15-05-2013, 14:07
Air dry bags, no rusty bins or messing around.

great idea...its a pain when im boiling up my hemp getting it all out.

:thumbs:

chanmenie
15-05-2013, 14:09
wont hemp fall through the holes ?

coldcatcher
15-05-2013, 15:14
A pillow case works well for hemp etc air dry bag sounds ideal for boilies though.

kapscarper
15-05-2013, 15:19
I'm going to give a big round landing net a go later...... I don't THINK the boiling water will have a detrimental effect on the mesh??

Smoove
15-05-2013, 15:29
http://www.wilko.com/organisation-and-presentation/wilko-waste-bin-mesh/invt/0303819

Just drill a few holes in the bottom :thumbs:

sleng
15-05-2013, 16:09
Air dry bags are ideal for boilies, for particles a pillow case as mentioned works well, the bags I have seem to keep the vast majority of seeds from falling out, even with a wire basket you will enevitably loose a few.
Bonus is doing boilies in them, the baits tend to keep there shape far better than when using a rigid mesh.

Chunny
15-05-2013, 17:18
Air dry bags are ideal for boilies, for particles a pillow case as mentioned works well, the bags I have seem to keep the vast majority of seeds from falling out, even with a wire basket you will enevitably loose a few.
Bonus is doing boilies in them, the baits tend to keep there shape far better than when using a rigid mesh.

I use laundry bags, essentially they're just like air drying bags for boilies but a fraction of the cost and bigger! I use them for all my particles

gileshermitage
15-05-2013, 17:38
I'm going to give a big round landing net a go later...... I don't THINK the boiling water will have a detrimental effect on the mesh??

That is what I use. Mesh stays just fine although mine is now a reddish colour rather than the green it was once.

kapscarper
15-05-2013, 17:58
That is what I use. Mesh stays just fine although mine is now a reddish colour rather than the green it was once.

That sounds perfect. I think you'll struggle to find anything as good. And the idea seems sound as the one I've tried fills the burco and sits nice on the top

gileshermitage
15-05-2013, 19:42
Its ideal really as you can do maybe 1kg at a time. I found using any form of metal basket/bin dropped the temp of the burco and knocked it right off the boil, especially when using anymore than a handfull of boilies. Even using 1kg in the net, the burco comes back on a boil (if you put the net in on a hard boil) within 30 secs or so. Also the rim of the net stays outside the burco and so remains cool for a shake and to take them out.

brown bottle
15-05-2013, 19:57
lol....deep fat fryer.....three chip baskets on rotation...back too the days of precise boil times....enuff said....

kapscarper
15-05-2013, 20:00
lol....deep fat fryer.....three chip baskets on rotation...back too the days of precise boil times....enuff said....

I want something that is almost the size of the boiler so I can just tip the bait in. Don't want to faff around with smaller baskets. I've built a proper station that has a big tray underneath that is funneled down to just under the diameter of the burco rim

brown bottle
15-05-2013, 20:11
if ...like you say,have built a proper station....then look for a proper method of boiling your baits so they are alll good...i.e gas + tar boiler / big paki curry pot.....i roll around 125kg dry..weekly...precise boil times..is the one...

brown bottle
15-05-2013, 20:17
dont get any complaints either.....industrial/chip shop fryer....less electricity....

kapscarper
15-05-2013, 21:35
Define proper method of boiling

I roll 4 kilo into the tray. Tray gets tipped into boiler in one go. Timer goes off after 2 min 30 sec. into trays with a fan fixed above it