PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not managed to get on the bank yet this year ?

dal.a
07-05-2013, 09:27
I'm gagging to go but due to a promotion at work and the arrival of a new baby i just can't find the time. Growing up can be a real pain in the arse sometimes :lol:

What's worse where i'm trying to satisfy the urge to go i've been buying loads of expensive stuff that i know i won't use or is really unnecessary.

MrFrosty
07-05-2013, 09:35
I haven't been much but like you seems the less I go the more I spend on new stuff.

Elty
07-05-2013, 09:50
I always manage to get a fair bit of fishing done in jan and feb and then as the weather starts to warm up my fishing time gets less and less. I think its because I actually don't like catching!

so like you guys I concentrate on buying and selling tat to make up for it.

leighlawrence
07-05-2013, 09:55
Havent even bought my rod license yet. Cant wait to get out though but will probably have to wait till June now

obo
07-05-2013, 10:04
I've managed one trip that was ruined by late arriving northern monkeys!!! I do have a 4 night trip in June and that's all my carping this year.

Nellyspania
07-05-2013, 12:14
I've been much less than last year due to time constraints - though this makes put much more effort: keep walking round, trickling bait into different areas, moving constantly to showing fish, fishing the birdcage swims with 8' rod etc etc.
I've had a few and am wondering if I can keep this effort up when I get some time back, 'cause it's caught me more fish!

pottsville
07-05-2013, 13:26
Struggled but had a couple, fishing improving as I left for holday :-(

karpychris
07-05-2013, 13:27
Fished in France twice this year and going again in a few weeks but have only been fishing on British soil (water) for 1 session so far.

nickthegreek
07-05-2013, 20:40
Haven't been fishing since January, that's for sure a record!!!

QALVince
07-05-2013, 20:42
Gagging to get out myself as well

scaly 11
07-05-2013, 20:45
back to workers

Boycie04
07-05-2013, 20:51
Managed just one trip back in January. Baby on the way & the wife is suffering from morning sickness even now at 34 weeks. Huge priority changes has meant fishing has taken a back seat although I did renew my syndicate ticket. Planning on getting out this thurs/fri after getting all my jobs done round the house. Only draw back is i have to take the dog, who hates sleeping outside & gets bored/cold easily! Definitely NOT a bivvy hound. Still, been planning it for a week now & can't wait to get down there. Just have to remember to buy my rod licences.

isux
08-05-2013, 06:54
iv been 6-7 times and blanked every time :dissapoint:

still gotta be in it to win it..

on the bank as we speak so fingers crossed it all about to change

dal.a
08-05-2013, 06:58
I'm glad it's not just me then, it seems like last year I could just sweet talk her kiss the little one, pat the dog and go for a day or two, now I can't actually see any time in the future when I will be able to go.

I suppose its all about getting your priorities right.

dion219
08-05-2013, 07:38
Still have yet to get the rods out, way to much to do on the lake first! Iv promised myself to fish my lake this year..... Sometime!

carphooker
08-05-2013, 09:19
I'm glad it's not just me then, it seems like last year I could just sweet talk her kiss the little one, pat the dog and go for a day or two, now I can't actually see any time in the future when I will be able to go.

I suppose its all about getting your priorities right.

short morning sessions? find a water where the carp like an early feed , turn up an hour before first light and be home in time for breakfast .......

Nik Nak
08-05-2013, 10:00
Managed just one trip back in January. Baby on the way & the wife is suffering from morning sickness even now at 34 weeks. Huge priority changes has meant fishing has taken a back seat although I did renew my syndicate ticket. Planning on getting out this thurs/fri after getting all my jobs done round the house. Only draw back is i have to take the dog, who hates sleeping outside & gets bored/cold easily! Definitely NOT a bivvy hound. Still, been planning it for a week now & can't wait to get down there. Just have to remember to buy my rod licences.

Ditto, baby on the way & tons of work required getting the house ready etc. Managed one overnighter when it was still freezing. Spent the Bank Holiday working on the house which was only interrupted by constant text messages with catch reports. Syndicate lake fished its nuts off over the weekend, more fish out in 3 days than most of last year...

Thing is fishing will always be there so a little break here and there for more important matters shouldnt be the end of the world...shouldn't.... :lol:

garyrfc
08-05-2013, 16:07
Been stalking for a few hrs befor work,yesterday and today,had 3 fish looking over my bait but
the ******s wouldnt get there heads down,nearly haveing a heart attack watching them in 4ft of clear
water,back again tomorow i will get one of them

Gary

08-05-2013, 19:19
Both waters I fish still have the old closed season on them,not even bought my rod licence yet so not out until after June 16th for me.

Boycie04
08-05-2013, 21:03
Rod licences bought this evening, tackle all sorted for the off in the morning. Now just need to see if I can find where I wrote the gate combination else it'll be the shortest session ever! Can't wait to get down there.

SamColes
09-05-2013, 13:21
When I was unemployed five years ago I used to dream of being able to this item of tackle and that. Not having to fish with the cheapest baits, etc.

Five years later, in gainful employment like a proper grown-up and I can afford all that tackle... but much much less time to go use it! :cry:

Now I dream of the days when I was fishing four times a week...

masterbaiter
09-05-2013, 18:59
For those who havent got out yet, dont worry you aint missed much. Untold nights for little reward on various lakes, so fickle at the moment. Frustrating as hell as not going to be able to get out much in a few weeks time ;(

DannyB
10-05-2013, 07:21
Havent even bought my rod license yet. Cant wait to get out though but will probably have to wait till June now

same as

alemac1
10-05-2013, 14:47
not been since last november. few contributing factors really. losing some weight, women trouble, and mice eating my reel handles off. almost want to go again now. been visiting mates at lakes the last week or so. bought some popups yesterday so theres something lol. still not sure if i will even go this year though to be honest.