PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself a Trail cam as in swim CCTV to protect your tackle!

Lost?
05-05-2013, 22:47
I've a battery operated "trail cam" I use for my pest control work, but have recently
Started setting it up in my swim at night.
At 75 i reckon at lot more anglers should get on them.
For those that havnt seen them, they are small battery operated still/video cameras. Motion activated, with night vision. Stores photos or video, your choice onto a removable memory card. Has a camera thread/fitting in bottom, so can be used on a bank stick hidden in/nr your swim. Anyone walking within like 20 meters will be recorded on camera, and u also catch some lovely wildlife strolling about as well.

Hairtrigger
05-05-2013, 22:59
http://www.ultrasecuredirect.com/acatalog/WMT-3000E_PIR___Portable_Pager_System.html

say no more

stugazi
06-05-2013, 05:35
If it got to the stage that I felt I needed to have cctv in my swim,I'd give up.It's not that bad out there.

Lost?
06-05-2013, 09:10
If it got to the stage that I felt I needed to have cctv in my swim,I'd give up.It's not that bad out there.

It's not? Tell that to the poor ****ers robbed of there prized tackle, some at knife point!

dion219
06-05-2013, 09:27
Great idea and im sure would work well, trouble is it doesn't stop someone leaving with your gear.. . .

You then have the great job of trying to convince the police to follow up on the images, and from past experience there's more chance of Rolf Harris riding down the street naked on a horse singing he loves littles boys with a pineapple shoved up his ass!

Lost?
06-05-2013, 09:46
Great idea and im sure would work well, trouble is it doesn't stop someone leaving with your gear.. . .

You then have the great job of trying to convince the police to follow up on the images, and from past experience there's more chance of Rolf Harris riding down the street naked on a horse singing he loves littles boys with a pineapple shoved up his ass!

I think no matter what we do if they want our gear they'll take it, and I'm not suggesting the camera will change that fact.
But every time a theft occurs we are left guessing who it was, the police have no hope.
If on the other hand we had video evidence or photos of the actual theft occurring, even the thiefs with weapons, I believe we then are making some progress on stopping them. Can see it on crimewatch now. If the police don't help, then post the video all over the web.
For 75 it's a cracking piece of kit, the police use them themselves. Mines a swann outback, have a google.

ben lee
06-05-2013, 10:34
whats stopping them nicking the camera too?

Lost?
06-05-2013, 11:17
whats stopping them nicking the camera too?
Firstly they gotta know its there, its small and easily hidden amongst the bushes or other surroundings, doesnt have to be on view. It comes with straps and stuff to secure it, and has a loop to be locked with a padlock.

riley3
06-05-2013, 11:17
Get a fishing dog. The best detterent I know off. Aleast your hear them coming way before they arrive!! Gives you more time to react!!

JSlinn
06-05-2013, 11:19
Korda 7 how to deal with thieves.

JSlinn
06-05-2013, 11:23
I use motion detectors and have done for 15 years, they have woken me up and tend to cause the thieves to turn around and think again.

I've only once pulled off due to meeting some dodgy blokes that I really didnt think where walking around during the daytime for anything other than to do a recky.

But its ever so sad that we have to find ways to defend/protect our gear.

Suprafisher
06-05-2013, 11:27
in dodgy places just fish with Diawa sensitrons, emblems s's and a set of your old rods and pop a sign up behind your bivvy with a big arrow left and right saying "Free spirit and tech mags this way" :norty::)

Flipper_al
06-05-2013, 13:16
Get a fishing dog. The best detterent I know off. Aleast your hear them coming way before they arrive!! Gives you more time to react!!

If i had had my dog when someone tried to steal my gear, they wouldn't have got close to it.....thankfully i was fishing snags, so locked up and the moment he touch the rod the alarm went off
A dog is the best deterrent :)