PDA

View Full Version : had a good couple of hours on the seven the other evening

jamie g
11-08-2012, 11:36
a friend of mine asked if i wanted to go fishing for a couple of hours the other evening. just down on the seven. said there might be a chance of a good barbel.

we where fishing a ground bait pellet mix in feeder with halibut pellet on the hair rig. just out off the centre of the flow. was slow for the 1st hour but then the bites started to come in.

had some very nice bream and chub then as the last light started to fade i hooked into a barbel. nothing massive around 4 to 5 lbs. my mate then had one around 30 mins later.

in all we had around 40 lb a bag of two barbel and the rest bream some where around 5 to 6 lbs . going to try again later in the week, hopefully the river might have a bit more water and colour on it.

looking to hook into a bigger barbel along that stretch. they are there but. harder to catch i have always found. they seam easier to catch on the teme :)

jamie g
11-08-2012, 11:38
sorry guys what a mug i have put this in the wrong section :bonk:

carp unit
11-08-2012, 16:17
They only seem harder to catch because it's more difficult to locate them in the Severn. If you put a bait infront of a bigger Severn fish you'll probably catch it, if the small ones don't get to it first that is. ;)

jamie g
11-08-2012, 19:31
They only seem harder to catch because it's more difficult to locate them in the Severn. If you put a bait infront of a bigger Severn fish you'll probably catch it, if the small ones don't get to it first that is. ;)

do you do alot of barble fishing along the seven :)

barbel62
11-08-2012, 19:49
Jamie there is a stretch called Apley estate on the Severn, just outside of Bridgnorth on the road out to Evesham...if you want to try for some better barbel might be worth a look, day tickets from Bridgnorth tackle, very easy fishing albeit you need a large amount of bait but a good stamp of shoal barbel there with chances of a low double or better...hope its some use for you

Sorry for keeping thread going in wrong section mods

carp unit
11-08-2012, 20:27
do you do alot of barble fishing along the seven :)

I've done a bit on the Severn and the Teme, more so the southern rivers tho. I found the most important thing to get through to the barbel then in turn the bigger barbel is to put enough bait in to feed off the bream then the smaller barbel. Sling a second rod down stream with a BIG lump of meat on the hook, it often picks up the bigger fish.

bivyman
11-08-2012, 23:31
SevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSe vernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSeve rnSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevern SevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSe vernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSeve rnSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevern SevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSe vernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSeve rnSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevernSevern