PDA

View Full Version : Theale 1 & 2 Chit-Chat

Pages : [1] 2

Stoney
19-08-2011, 17:29
There we go guys, this will keep the catch reports thread clear.

Eeyyor
22-08-2011, 07:32
Good to see people have learnt to close and lock the main car park gate, not!
Got back to the car park to find a bunch of the local scooter boys skinning up
and cracking open a few tins, **** knows what would have happened if I had not turned up. Just because some **** has not grasped the concept of closing and locking these new fangled things called gates.:brick:

selby87
22-08-2011, 17:55
How's theale been has it been busy?

stiggy
22-08-2011, 17:58
How's theale been has it been busy?

so so mate , alot quieter now the spring anglers are back on the rivers

Eeyyor
22-08-2011, 18:07
so so mate , alot quieter now the spring anglers are back on the rivers

Quieter! All i could hear over the weekend was some noisy Knoob trying to use a strimmer;)
And i was fishing the Kennet

GashMan
22-08-2011, 22:36
Have noticed lately a few noobs fishing woolich green who leave the gate open!

Russkii Jim
25-08-2011, 16:23
I too have seen the day anglers from the day ticket Woolwich Green lake leave the gate open all too often. Problem is you remind one of them but invariably there are lots more to exit after you have gone.....

selby87
25-08-2011, 20:35
Any one on this weekend ?

Russkii Jim
26-08-2011, 09:22
Selby I suspect it will be busy over the weekend and am trying to get my boss a.k.a. my wife to let me out at the back end of the weekend especially now I have found myself a few spots to develop with pre-baiting :)

selby87
26-08-2011, 12:25
Jim thought itd be busy gonna try anyways, if not I'm off to burghfield lol

stiggy
27-08-2011, 11:28
its very quiet down there

Carpbot
29-08-2011, 10:43
hi all, just a quick question to anyone who fishes the lakes, which is the better lake for carp? and also what is the current record held for each lake if anyone knows?
thanks

DeanOr
29-08-2011, 10:47
Hi Carpbot..

Seen some of your post on Burghfield. Theale would be a good starting point. Lake 2 has a good head of Carp. They will show you where they are. Both lakes have fish to 30lb. Lots in 2 and a handful in pit 1

Hope to see you down there

Carpbot
29-08-2011, 17:04
Hi Carpbot..

Seen some of your post on Burghfield. Theale would be a good starting point. Lake 2 has a good head of Carp. They will show you where they are. Both lakes have fish to 30lb. Lots in 2 and a handful in pit 1

Hope to see you down there

Thanks for the help dean, i think i was diving in at the deep end with burghfield ! So gonna buy a season ticket for theale as its relatively close to home and seems a good lake and most People seem freindly unlike other venues ive been to! When i buy the ticket will i also recieve a key for the gate or is it a code operated lock?

Eeyyor
30-08-2011, 07:10
Thanks for the help dean, i think i was diving in at the deep end with burghfield ! So gonna buy a season ticket for theale as its relatively close to home and seems a good lake and most People seem freindly unlike other venues ive been to! When i buy the ticket will i also recieve a key for the gate or is it a code operated lock?

Pit one is primarily a Tench water and very weedy at the moment. Pit two is a good place to start, a good head of fish, lots of features etc.
Have a look at Prodigy’s posts on the Theale catch reports, that will give you some idea what you can expect.
The gate is the normal combination lock, number supplied with you permit, and the height barrier is also on a combination lock which is the same number.
Good luck.

Carpbot
30-08-2011, 17:38
Pit one is primarily a Tench water and very weedy at the moment. Pit two is a good place to start, a good head of fish, lots of features etc.
Have a look at Prodigy’s posts on the Theale catch reports, that will give you some idea what you can expect.
The gate is the normal combination lock, number supplied with you permit, and the height barrier is also on a combination lock which is the same number.
Good luck.

thanks eeyyor, have just purchased my ticket! hopefully get a session in this weekend, so may see you on the bank. I have emailed a photo of myself to the email address asked for, does it need a white backdrop like a passport photo? or is a quick snap from a webcam acceptable? thanks

stiggy
30-08-2011, 18:22
Dean would you care to reply ?
You know more about web cam pics than any man on here

Eeyyor
30-08-2011, 18:25
Dean would you care to reply ?
You know more about web cam pics than any man on here

:lol: :lol:

Eeyyor
30-08-2011, 18:26
thanks eeyyor, have just purchased my ticket! hopefully get a session in this weekend, so may see you on the bank. I have emailed a photo of myself to the email address asked for, does it need a white backdrop like a passport photo? or is a quick snap from a webcam acceptable? thanks

Web cam shot should be ok i think.

selby87
30-08-2011, 19:47
Back from a four day trip 21.8 mirror 20lb mirror 29lb mirror 15lb white ghostie 3 tench 1 bream fish slapping every where. Good start to a new bait

Carpbot
30-08-2011, 22:25
nice angling selby. gonna pop down and hopefully fish pit 2 this sunday. Does it get busy over the weekends? thanks

DeanOr
31-08-2011, 08:24
Nice one good start indeed!! As for the photos. Do you do A4 prints so we can have a good look?

selby87
31-08-2011, 12:23
I tell u what m8 I've had trouble uploading pics have to do it from my phone so as soon as there converted from camera to phone ill put them, its a bit hit and miss with the weekends can get busy but Ull find a swim if ur willing to walk ur gear :thumbs:

Carpbot
31-08-2011, 15:14
Thats alright then. Hopefully see some of you down there this weekend. May have to walk around with a map and mark swims.

stiggy
01-09-2011, 17:02
Over the last week or so pit 2 has had over 60 kilo of cray fish removed , still many more in there and the guys over the two weeks had 110 traps out . It should help but tbh I'd still guard against them . 60k may sound alot but in 29 acres it probably only scratched the surface . They will be back in the spring to have another go

Carpandco
01-09-2011, 21:09
i saw about 3 kilo in the margin once, they were eating my vomit!

on a serious note, they will replace lost comrades in no time, they breed like mad!

Carpbot
02-09-2011, 17:29
is pit 2 weedy at all? and if i'm trying for carp would any of you recommend a larger boilie such as an 18mm rather than a 10mm to avoid tench or bream at all?

Russkii Jim
07-10-2011, 08:47
Carpbot - Pit 2 has very little weed mate! Re boilies - bream are known to take a 20mm boilie quite happily so just get the size of boilie you are happy with to match the rig set up. Not aware of many using 10mm on pit 2 so who knows may even give you an edge!

garyrfc
07-10-2011, 10:32
Over the last week or so pit 2 has had over 60 kilo of cray fish removed , still many more in there and the guys over the two weeks had 110 traps out . It should help but tbh I'd still guard against them . 60k may sound alot but in 29 acres it probably only scratched the surface . They will be back in the spring to have another go

jees thats still a large amount

Gary

Hippy
07-10-2011, 14:50
is pit 2 weedy at all? and if i'm trying for carp would any of you recommend a larger boilie such as an 18mm rather than a 10mm to avoid tench or bream at all?

On the few occassions I've fished T2, I've used 15mm with no problems - caught a few tench and bream, but I like to bet getting them to know what's going on out in the swim.

Carpbot
07-10-2011, 15:44
hopefully get down there over the next few days, can't do a night though. is there much chance of catching in the day? also does it get busy through the winter?

Russkii Jim
07-10-2011, 17:49
During my last overnighter had one during night and then three during day when packing up so if they are in the mood....

ProdigyPlus50
31-10-2011, 20:26
Just thought I would let you all know that there is a guy going round trying to steal gear around The theale complex. My mate was on pit 2 on Friday night and woke up to his alarms producing the 'off' noise with a guy in black leant over them unscrewing his delkim.

He didn't get them as he came out with his mallet and chased him down bottom lane. But the thief came back again to have another go at it, only to get caught again

He was ginger, about 6 foot, skinny and he drives a white ford estate van.

Just thought I would give you all a heads up.

Jake

stiggy
31-10-2011, 21:13
Thanks for the info , this sort of thing has been going On at other reading venues but never on theale . I hope you contacted the police . Just goes to show we all have to be on our guard . A good product to purchase is an ecoball very bright sensor light , not the answer but could be enough to put off . We will up the night patrols , but we all must be vigilant

ProdigyPlus50
31-10-2011, 23:00
Police were contacted. thanks Stiggy

Cheers Jake

ProdigyPlus50
01-11-2011, 08:29
Just remembered he said he fishes on pit 2? He said he has the lake record at 36lb?

DeanOr
01-11-2011, 09:33
He said he fishes Pit 2 then came back to nick gear..

Stiggy Pm me and we will do a night run!

garyrfc
01-11-2011, 10:47
What a nerve,to come back and have another go,scumbag

Gary

Chris_T
01-11-2011, 11:57
"He was ginger, about 6 foot, skinny and he drives a white ford estate van."

"Just remembered he said he fishes on pit 2? He said he has the lake record at 36lb?"

Sounds very familiar to me stiggy... Not seen him for a couple of years though.

Russkii Jim
01-11-2011, 16:04
I am flipping furious!!! Spot on for bringing it our attention and obviously anyone of that description is going to stand out. Going to be jotting down vehicle reg numbers whenever down on Theale and will warn other anglers to be on their guard who may not have seen your post.

Carpbot
01-11-2011, 17:46
Prodigy i believe i spoke to your mate on saturday and he had said he had a bit of trouble. The cheek of people these days i will also try and warn anglers when i'm next down.

Eeyyor
01-11-2011, 18:54
"He was ginger, about 6 foot, skinny and he drives a white ford estate van."

"Just remembered he said he fishes on pit 2? He said he has the lake record at 36lb?"

Sounds very familiar to me stiggy... Not seen him for a couple of years though.

:thumbs:

ProdigyPlus50
03-11-2011, 01:14
Cheers lads, spread the word, keep it away from our venue :)

@ carpbot, yeah think you may have in lazy?

Carpbot
03-11-2011, 07:48
Yea prodigy i'm unsure if the swin name, was on bottom lane right next to a lay by. U fish much over winter?

Russkii Jim
03-11-2011, 13:12
Just done a round of both pits and very few people about and no one even remotely fitting that description. It is extremely disappointing Theale anglers are going to have to be on guard until this idiot is caught and an equally annoying point today was the amount of rubbish I had to pick up again including a bag of excrement thrown into a bush opposite the 'Beach' swim. Some may think this could be from a dog walker but without putting too fine a point on it, it must have been a big dog! There was also an amount of used wet wipes left on an infamous point swim which is rather aptly named (won't name the swim here as will get a warning from mods but it is the one which is a less than polite term for excrement...). Of course some may find this amusing and argue bailiffs should have to deal with this but rest assured I will find it even more amusing taking your ticket off you and reporting you to Head Office if I witness this sort of DISGUSTING behaviour. I can only pray this is not the start of Theale becoming no longer a very pleasurable place to fish as the vast majority of people there are a great bunch who find thieves and litter abhorrent.....Rant over!

garyrfc
03-11-2011, 13:29
you seem to notice more rubbish this time of the year,all the undergrowth
dies off and ther it is,prob been ther since the spring summer

gary

Santa3
03-11-2011, 13:42
Just remembered he said he fishes on pit 2? He said he has the lake record at 36lb?

So he had a conversation then tried pinching gear???

Russkii Jim
03-11-2011, 14:11
Apparently so Santa - it seems he was having a look to see what was on offer first during the day and then came back during the night expecting not to be caught.....

Santa3
03-11-2011, 14:47
Cheeky ******,i really hope you get him and if you do then give him a slap from me actually make it 2 slaps he ginger after all....

ProdigyPlus50
03-11-2011, 17:42
he came round in the day for a general chat as you do to see how things are going, then he came back twice in the night! :@

Carpbot yeah i will be, when i am back from college i will be straight down the lake pretty much all weekends. Until it freezes over (i am praying for it not too)

@gary it doesn't matter how much more is on view on certain times of the year, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

@jim, We will catch him i am sure of that! It is filthy that people actually do just chuck it all away in a bag hanging from trees :@ I will be taking a bag with me every time i go to pick up rubbish if i notice any!

Eeyyor
03-11-2011, 20:16
I don't suppose he had a bit of an accent did he? Because if it's who i think it is and i've seen him recently, he is deffo that thick to stand chatting then come back and try and nick your gear :bonk:

ProdigyPlus50
03-11-2011, 23:07
I haven't actually spoke to him, I'm going on what my mate has told me. :)

garyrfc
04-11-2011, 11:06
he came round in the day for a general chat as you do to see how things are going, then he came back twice in the night! :@

Carpbot yeah i will be, when i am back from college i will be straight down the lake pretty much all weekends. Until it freezes over (i am praying for it not too)

@gary it doesn't matter how much more is on view on certain times of the year, it shouldn't be there in the first place.

@jim, We will catch him i am sure of that! It is filthy that people actually do just chuck it all away in a bag hanging from trees :@ I will be taking a bag with me every time i go to pick up rubbish if i notice any!

i totaly agree with you,with 25 yr of bailiffin Burghfield its not untill the winter you will see what you couldnt see in the summer

Gary

gadgecarp
14-11-2011, 22:19
hi lads,just reading up on these lakes after i had a look around some of them on friday as im moving to area very soon.my possible waters would be theale and burghfield but now im slightly put off by the security issues....can anyone fill me in on the areas plz as sounds dodgy.
any info would be great

snaggletooth
15-11-2011, 19:58
burghfield........not for the faint hearted. If you feel uneasy and unsafe you wont fish as effectively.....

gadgecarp
15-11-2011, 22:21
anyone got any pics of the stock in burghfield,or know where i can look at some?

Sam_Matthews92
16-11-2011, 15:46
anyone got any pics of the stock in burghfield,or know where i can look at some?

the only way you will see the stock mate is the long walk round climbing tree and looking in the snags the best way mate at least you know yourself then !!!

DeanOr
17-11-2011, 11:23
Obviously dont get caught climbing trees or your ticket will be gone in record time!

TCarper
18-11-2011, 11:50
Or the Law will get you!

And round those parts Dean is THE Law!!!!

MikeLyddon053698
18-11-2011, 21:11
And god help you if you end up in his "prison cell" for the night :eek: :eek:

Eeyyor
19-11-2011, 08:18
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn100/Ian_Hall_01/Random/dreddss.jpg

I am THE LAW

Hippy
19-11-2011, 10:28
And god help you if you end up in his "prison cell" for the night :eek: :eek:

Ever seen Pulp Fiction....?

stiggy
19-11-2011, 16:47
Ever seen Pulp Fiction....?

Z ? Lol

Jess Collins
19-11-2011, 16:54

I am THE LAW

this is him i crossed paths with him once at theale........
now im too scared to return :eek:

TCarper
19-11-2011, 18:31

I am THE LAW

PMSL, it took me a second to see the cracker.

TCarper
19-11-2011, 18:32
Z ? Lol

Rumour has it Z was his Obi Wan type Teacher, but now Z is dead, the pupil has become the master...

So unless you want tying up & laying across a log with an Apple tied in your mouth... I would not climb the trees kiddies!!!

DeanOr
20-11-2011, 12:44
LOL, barsteados

apples
20-11-2011, 18:29
unless you want tying up & laying across a log with an Apple tied in your mouth... I would not climb the trees kiddies!!!

I would like it put on record that I have never, and will never be involved in Dean's 'log' games.

Thank you.

TCarper
21-11-2011, 04:40
I would like it put on record that I have never, and will never be involved in Dean's 'log' games.

Thank you.

And for the record... Apples is not talking about the same "log" as I was Kiddies, does not bare thinking about really does it?

Respect Deputy Deans Authority, you have been warned...

DeanOr
21-11-2011, 09:47
Nuff Respec innit

stiggy
21-11-2011, 17:35
Deans like deputy doofy from scary movie

MikeLyddon053698
21-11-2011, 21:52
Dean is Deputy Dogger :D

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/MikeLyddon/deputydogger.jpg

Eeyyor
21-11-2011, 23:28
Dean is Deputy Dogger :D

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii66/MikeLyddon/deputydogger.jpg

PMSL. Words fail me :notworthy:

TCarper
22-11-2011, 04:46
PMSL

I am rolling around on the floor at 4.45am...

The head and the body just look such a perfect match.

There is 100% a log just to the left of the frame, look, he is assuming the position... It's kind of like The Karate Kid's hopping Dragon move, but with far more sinister undertones..

:D

stiggy
22-11-2011, 08:22
Pure class mr lyddon :notworthy:

MikeLyddon053698
22-11-2011, 08:29
PMSL, I have to say even for myself it is a good one, I was almosst crying when I did it :D

DeanOr
22-11-2011, 09:36
Remember Mike I still have to get you back

MikeLyddon053698
22-11-2011, 10:16
Remember Mike I still have to get you on your back

Now I'm really scared :eek: :eek: :D

Fusion1966
03-01-2012, 14:01
Good afternoon all,

I have just been given a membership to Theale starting on the 15th March and have read the forum and posts with interest.

Just wanted to ask about the crayfish in Theale 2 and wanted any feeback on how much of a problem they are? I have fished a lot of waters with crayfish in them over the years so I know all the usual tactics to limit any issues however every water is different so I have a couple of related questions:

1. Do you need to armormesh boilies or just re-check every couple of hours?
2. Can you feed them off with spodding particles or with a spread of boiles?

Also I took a walk around the lake last week and it looks fantastic, only one person fishing, which I found very strange coming from my syndicate at Linear where the main lake would be rammed even in the worst days of winter

Looking forward to fishing the venue over the coming season and hopefully see some of you down there.

Bryan

DeanOr
03-01-2012, 15:56
Bryan

Get on there and enjoy.

Yes there are Crays and they can be a pain but I would not say there is a massive problem with them! I would go with the recasting tactic and maybe night time mesh it up?

Good head of fish in there and there getting a bit bigger each year.

Be aware of the bars. The Zebras etc are in residence

Any questions feel free to ask

Dean

Fusion1966
03-01-2012, 20:56
The only other question would be is there a name to each of the swims?

When I looked around I parked in bottom lane where there is a few swims then parked in the woolwhich green carpark and looked at the swims that side of the lake. These seemed to offer more features and access to the various islands.

Bottom lane side seems more convenient but not sure it would be the most productive of areas, obviously I could be wrong

Fusion1966
03-01-2012, 23:05
Be aware of the bars and zebras?

DeanOr
04-01-2012, 08:19
Gravel bars, Zebra Mussels. A leader of some sort is handy.

Swims no names as such.

Point along Bottom Lane, Copse bank along Bottom lane
The woolwich swims.
First point and ****ty point

hickler
04-01-2012, 12:47
Iam fishing Theale 2 on friday for the 1st time in about 5 years or so. Im really excited to be back fishing on the venue i grew up fishing on back in 1988.

Hopefully will pull out the odd pike or 2.

hickler
04-01-2012, 12:58
I am fishing Theale 2 on friday for the 1st time in about 5-6 years, so excited about coming back to the lake i grew up fishing on.

Hopefully I will winkle out the odd pike or 2.

Fusion1966
04-01-2012, 14:12
thanks for the information, especially on the mussels, will have to get myself a decent leader then as I usually fish flouro and running rigs

hickler
04-01-2012, 20:11
Whens your 1st trip to Theale Fusion?

Fusion1966
05-01-2012, 10:11
pm sent Ryan.

I don't start down there until after the 15th March but very much looking forward to it and to meeting some of the regulars down there.

Theale will be my only lake this year so will be giving it all my attention this year. Hopefully I'll start learning about the nuaunces of the lake and its inhabitants as the year progresses.

See you all down there at some stage!

hickler
05-01-2012, 22:16
will do mate, im popping down tomrrow for a quick 9 hour session for pike. see you in march

Carpbot
06-01-2012, 07:14
Can't wait to get back on pit 2, started fishing it back last september.

Fusion1966
06-01-2012, 11:36
carpbot, how did you get on down there?

hickler
06-01-2012, 15:58
Not so good for me today, didnt have a sniff of a pike off the 1st point, but had a good look around and found a couple of swims to have a go at for the Carp.

Carpbot
06-01-2012, 18:15
Only done one night, and 5-6 days but had a tench, and two carp a little 10lber and a slighty bigger 14lb. Will hopefully start getting some decent sessions in this year. Hopefully see u on the bank

hickler
06-01-2012, 18:34
What swims where you fishing in Carpbot?

hickler
06-01-2012, 19:07
Can anyone tell me where abouts the copse swim is on pit 2, seen a few people talking about it on here but dont know what part of the lake it is?

Thanks

Carpbot
06-01-2012, 19:29
Mainly bottom lane swims, tried quite a few i fish light during the days so am normally mobile. The copse swim area is the larger point on the bottom lane, there is a 3 swims in the area, one looks across a lot of open water, one looks across the shallower pool inthe bottom corner and ones between the two. Theres also a smaller point i believe known as the beach, this has two large open water swims the right hand swim is shallow so if your lucky depending on water level will have to walk in a few feet. I find the bottom lane area is normally a little busier than the woolich green bank as its easier to park in the lay by's along bottom lane. Any further info pm me mate.

hickler
06-01-2012, 19:45
Thanks,

I know the lake very well as I fished it between 1988 and 2006, but never really took notice of swim names.

had a look at the WG swims today as there are more swims there now then when i fished before and they look very good, with plenty of features.

But it looks like more fish come out from bottom lane.

sparkyjon
07-01-2012, 12:56
oi oi lads does anyone know if theale has a close season ticket and if so any idea how much for two rods in 2012... i was waiting till june 16th but i dont think i can i need to start my campaign sooner it's killing me..

Carpbot
07-01-2012, 13:08
Probably cant by a ticket now as it finishes in march,

sparkyjon
07-01-2012, 14:15
yeah the season ticket ends march 15th but last year they had closed season tickets on some waters between march 15th and june 16th cant remember if theale was one of them although i'm sure it was as i wanted to extend my season on there but another water came up..

Carpandco
07-01-2012, 18:05
Spring ticket Jon?

Hippy
07-01-2012, 18:35
Should be spring tickets available.

BTW, I wouldn't say the bottom lane swims were more productive - I much prefer the WG bank, but there are large areas of the lake that rarely see an angler, such is the appeal of fishing out the motor....;)

Carpbot
07-01-2012, 18:47
Should be spring tickets available.

BTW, I wouldn't say the bottom lane swims were more productive - I much prefer the WG bank, but there are large areas of the lake that rarely see an angler, such is the appeal of fishing out the motor....;)

i agree with this rarely see any one on WG bank when ive been for a walk round

sparkyjon
07-01-2012, 19:09
thats the boyo's as we say in wales spring ticket phew tidy cant wait i'm even thinking of getting the £24 ticket for the next two months even if i do 2 x 48 hrs it will pay for itself, pit 1 is my target this year and i need to get on as early as possible to introduce my bait and get a feel for the place.. see what the weather does in the next two weeks.

dom you on for it bud

hickler
07-01-2012, 19:33
When I had a look round on friday i saw a couple of fish showing off the 1st point on pit2 early morning, but nothing after that. going again for a day session next week.

Carpandco
07-01-2012, 22:20
Pit 1 for me Jon ;)

Far too many simmo's on 2 :lol:

At least there's some good tench fishing on 1 eh :lol:

and i have 'unfinished' with that strange trampy geezer that stalked me on the canal bank

ttlbramley
07-01-2012, 23:11
Pit 1 for me Jon ;)

and i have 'unfinished' with that strange trampy geezer that stalked me on the canal bank

They are all simmos in pit 1 as well.

Carpandco
07-01-2012, 23:16
I'm sure i've seen some that aint???

Eeyyor
08-01-2012, 00:47
Pit 1 for me Jon ;)

Be careful which "tramps" you upset. A lot of river gypsies about and they are thick as thieves. They'll dump you in the canal and then just smash up your tackle.:eek:

ttlbramley
08-01-2012, 15:00
I'm sure i've seen some that aint???

Maybe one or two. Percentage wise there are a lot more simmowokis in pit 1 tho.

hickler
08-01-2012, 20:35
Going for another day session on Wednesday. Hopefully better luck this time.

hickler
11-01-2012, 16:28
Just got back from another day session on pit 2, No fishy's wanted to play.

Oh and nice to meet you Ruskkii Jim. Hope you had better luck than me.

Russkii Jim
17-01-2012, 11:51
Shame you didn't catch mate but then it was getting more than a bit nippy! Had a couple of runs on the pike on pit 1 but nothing big. At least have some winterised oils now to try and tempt the bigger ones in.... :)

Paddy77
17-01-2012, 13:24
Hi all,

Haven't been on this Forum at all really, but I'm determined to get stuck into Theale this year. Had a spring ticket last year, but due to my employers being their usual selves I had no chance to get down there. However this year will be different! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hope everyone had a good 2011

Pad

Carpbot
20-01-2012, 18:10
did a quick session last week but had forgotten to mention, there was two fallen down trees on the bottom lane bank, unaware if any one has been informed of this. If people would like a hand to remove it would be happy to help

stiggy
20-01-2012, 18:58
did a quick session last week but had forgotten to mention, there was two fallen down trees on the bottom lane bank, unaware if any one has been informed of this. If people would like a hand to remove it would be happy to help

cemex are onto it

Carpandco
21-01-2012, 09:48
Hi all,

Haven't been on this Forum at all really, but I'm determined to get stuck into Theale this year. Had a spring ticket last year, but due to my employers being their usual selves I had no chance to get down there. However this year will be different! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hope everyone had a good 2011

Pad

Ello Pad, look forward to a few sessions with ya pal!

Have you got spring ticket this year? I think sparks has one but I'm gonna hang on till the 16th

selby87
21-01-2012, 19:55
Any one giving it a bash next weekend?
Any one had any luck

Carpbot
21-01-2012, 20:14
Might pop for a session bext week selby, havnt had much luck recently. U heading down?

selby87
21-01-2012, 20:31
Was thinking of dusting off the rods ain't been for a couple of weeks, might do four days dunno yet when you thinking of giving it ago ?

Carpbot
21-01-2012, 21:14
Either day on the weekend mate, ill pop down if your gonna go down.

selby87
21-01-2012, 21:36
If I manage to get work out the way ill be there :thumbs:

Carpbot
21-01-2012, 22:00
Let us know mate, drop as a pm or sumin.

hickler
23-01-2012, 12:21
I am popping down on Wednesday for the day, prob go on pit 1 with the old man for a go for the pike.

Paddy77
23-01-2012, 23:41
Ello Pad, look forward to a few sessions with ya pal!

Have you got spring ticket this year? I think sparks has one but I'm gonna hang on till the 16th

Eeoy! Not got my ticket yet but dying to get out and about. Will be there as soon as i get the setup sorted, look forward to a more peaceful social than our usual efforts!

sparkyjon
24-01-2012, 20:01
eeeeoy pad yeah i'm getting a spring ticket cant wait now not long left (you not getting one dom??) i'll be concentrating on pit 1 but i dont mind jumping on 2 now and then for a sh---y point or the beach social....

hickler
27-01-2012, 22:01
had my best day so far fishing for the pike since returning to theale.

on wednesday went to pit 1 in search of my 6th 20LB plus fish.

had 1 take, the line tightened the float bobbed, i jumped out of my chair, and that was it. deadbait gone and no pike.

oh well there is always next time.

Paddy77
28-01-2012, 03:02
eeeeoy pad yeah i'm getting a spring ticket cant wait now not long left (you not getting one dom??) i'll be concentrating on pit 1 but i dont mind jumping on 2 now and then for a sh---y point or the beach social....

Will be there mate, just say when!

Russkii Jim
28-01-2012, 08:46
Nice one Hickler and glad you had some success. I have always relied on a deadbait popped up of the bottom at this time of the year but if the wind isn't too bad may try out a float next time :)

hickler
28-01-2012, 09:37
3 session's, 1 take, no fish is not a great strike rate Russkii, but we will try again, I do feel that the pike stock has gone down massive from a few years back.

Ive had all my big girls from simple float tactics, fished on the bottom in the margins or snags.

I did see a nice fish, a small double in the margins between swims aswell.

stiggy
03-02-2012, 08:19
Both pits are frozen solid

gadgecarp
03-02-2012, 09:49
both solid.....least it'll stop the poachers.anyone seen a bailiff lately?some dodgy goings on last weekend on pit 2.someone set up in the dark,gone by mornin!!?

stiggy
03-02-2012, 22:23
both solid.....least it'll stop the poachers.anyone seen a bailiff lately?some dodgy goings on last weekend on pit 2.someone set up in the dark,gone by mornin!!?

It's being bailiffed , and I know who that was , not a poacher

Eeyyor
03-02-2012, 23:56

So people cant go fishing after work and then have to pack in to go back to work in the morning:brick:

Carpandco
04-02-2012, 08:10

nah mate i got a mythical 80lb common to chase before then, gonna crack on up theale after the glorious 16th when the flies start to make the big place unfishable :thumbs:

gadgecarp
04-02-2012, 12:56
It's being bailiffed , and I know who that was , not a poacher

keep yer pants on stiggy....was just worried it was something dodgy thats all..i take it ur supposed to be a baliff down there with that snappy response?:confused:

stiggy
04-02-2012, 13:10
keep yer pants on stiggy....was just worried it was something dodgy thats all..i take it ur supposed to be a baliff down there with that snappy response?:confused:

Can't really see that being a snappy response but if you have taken it that way then I apologise , not intended . More of an informative response . Oh I go comando anyway :wave:

Read back what you have written

Eeyyor
04-02-2012, 15:46

Good to see you've got a high opinion of bailiffs :suspect::lol:

hickler
05-02-2012, 17:49
are the lakes still frozen over?

got 3 days off now and was hoping to get out for a session

Russkii Jim
05-02-2012, 17:55
******y - Are the pits still frozen over? Hoping to go for a few hours pike fishing on Thursday coupled with doing a bailiff round....oh no hang on perhaps I had better not admit I am a bailiff there ;)

stiggy
05-02-2012, 18:11
******y - Are the pits still frozen over? Hoping to go for a few hours pike fishing on Thursday coupled with doing a bailiff round....oh no hang on perhaps I had better not admit I am a bailiff there ;)

still frozen

hickler
05-02-2012, 18:34
damn. best time for abit of pike fishing is just after a freeze, the day I caught my big girl the lake was still half frozen.

Russkii Jim
06-02-2012, 07:03
Well still a bit of time left before Thursday for me...(well that is the only thing keeping me going whilst am sat on a staff bus en route to a frozen chaotic place of work at Heathrow!

hickler
06-02-2012, 08:32
hope it thaws out for you by thursday. i might get luck for wednesday

hickler
07-02-2012, 09:04
Any news if they are still frozen??

stiggy
07-02-2012, 16:40
Any news if they are still frozen??

Still solid

hickler
07-02-2012, 17:34
Thats not good then.

Eeyyor
09-02-2012, 22:25
Well i never. I was just about to pop up some pictures on the Theale catch reports thread of a couple of nice Roach and the dam things been locked.:(
Shan't bother now then :p

stiggy
09-02-2012, 23:51
Well i never. I was just about to pop up some pictures on the Theale catch reports thread of a couple of nice Roach and the dam things been locked.:(
Shan't bother now then :p

To be fair that's quite handy . So pleased it's been locked . No more catch reports ;0) your 3lb roach will have to wait .

Stoney
10-02-2012, 07:26
Catch reports unlocked now, you can post "That" fish up now.

Russkii Jim
15-02-2012, 17:30
Having done a round today I can confirm there are still great areas of both pits which are frozen over BUT fishing is already possible in the margins, there are some areas of pit 2 which are thawing out nicely and the swims on the canal bank of pit 1 are fishable. Overall anyone wanting to get out on the weekend should be ok for a crack at it

Fusion1966
17-02-2012, 09:48
well not long now until I receive my spring ticket, so was wondering who will be down on Theale 2 that first weekend?

sparkyjon
20-02-2012, 18:38
i'll be there first weekend as long as its liquid but i'll be next door...

hickler
21-02-2012, 22:20
I will be down but will be during the week as I have to work that weekend, Cant wait.

Russkii Jim
23-02-2012, 10:46
Good luck Hickler. I had a piking session on pit 1 and lost a screaming run (yes poor hook set up I surmise!) but they are being rather tentative at feeding at the moment.

hickler
23-02-2012, 22:05
unlucky Russkii, maybe we can have a session or 2 for the pike next winter.

We will winkle out a 20 im sure of it.

Russkii Jim
24-02-2012, 09:34
Hickler def up for it mate :)

hickler
24-02-2012, 17:37
Good stuff, there has to be a 20 in pit1

hickler
01-03-2012, 17:07
Off for a day session tommorow. anyone else down tommorow.

Carpbot
02-03-2012, 17:49
How'd you get on hickler?

hickler
03-03-2012, 19:06
not good mate,was so foggy i couldn't see what i was doing.

think i may leave it now untill it gets abit warmer.

Fusion1966
03-03-2012, 19:57
I had a couple of hours down there yesterday afternoon and I have to say it looked great but I didn't see a single fish show themselves.

Hopefully another couple of weeks of this mild weather will improve things before my spring ticket begins

hickler
03-03-2012, 22:39
yeah lets hope so, what swim you fish mate?

someone was fishing lazy when i got there, he did thursday night. he hadnt had anything either. not sure who it was.

Fusion1966
04-03-2012, 19:10
Wasn't fishing just sussing out the venue before I fish it

hickler
04-03-2012, 21:15
oh ok,

what swims you liking the look of. I have 2 in mind and maybe a 3rd swim that doesnt look like it gets fished much, I may even give it a name lol

Hippy
05-03-2012, 13:07
I had a couple of hours down there yesterday afternoon and I have to say it looked great but I didn't see a single fish show themselves.

Hopefully another couple of weeks of this mild weather will improve things before my spring ticket begins

Just make sure you stick to the public access areas (ie the footpath) until you have a ticket in your hand!

Fusion1966
05-03-2012, 13:13
to be honest there are so many swims that on first glance look great, with lots of obvious visible features to fish.

I think for me its gonna be a case of trial and error as I have no idea at the moment what features lie below the surface. I also dont want to limit my fishing to features such as islands etc. as everyone will be doing that in my opinion.

In terms of the swims (I have no idea what they are called) one to the left on bottom lane looks good with access to open water and an island. There are a couple of the swims when you walk around to the left of the public right of way from bottom lane which also look great. Then finally, if you park in the Woolwich Green carpark there are a couple of swims there that look like they would throw up a fish or two and as its a longer walk seem as though they would be quieter and less pressured.

I'll probably keep an open mind on where I'll be fishing as there are so many factors, wind direction, temp, air pressure, signs of carp activity before I chose my spot.

hickler
05-03-2012, 13:56
I for one defenetly like one of the swims on WG Bank.

But I also agree an open mind is needed.

Eeyyor
05-03-2012, 21:15
The biggest mistake you could possibly make on pit 2 is to pick a swim or two and just fishing for them all season. The only time they don't show themselves is when it's frozen.

hickler
05-03-2012, 21:45
Thanks for the advice Eeyyor

Russkii Jim
07-03-2012, 16:45
Had a mooch around today and you could surf on some of the flipping waves on both pits when the gale was blowing!!! There are some calmer areas should you wish to venture out but take your wellies as it gets a bit muddy in places!

ProdigyPlus50
08-03-2012, 21:58
The biggest mistake you could possibly make on pit 2 is to pick a swim or two and just fishing for them all season. The only time they don't show themselves is when it's frozen.

You say that but in all the time i have spent down there i haven't really seen a lot of showing, I'm not saying that i have a spent my year in a few swims, but i have found when i have fished, they don't show that much....

bobreid
09-03-2012, 12:08
You would have to have been blind not to see them last weekend, shame they were just too far away!!

hickler
09-03-2012, 16:10
Where were they??

bobreid
09-03-2012, 17:07
Where were they??

Along way out, too far for me to cast to

hickler
10-03-2012, 08:57
The little blighters

Eeyyor
10-03-2012, 10:03
You say that but in all the time i have spent down there i haven't really seen a lot of showing, I'm not saying that i have a spent my year in a few swims, but i have found when i have fished, they don't show that much....

I'm not on about the obvious signs like shouldering or boshing out but the subtle signs. You've caught some good fish from there and know some good spots, watch those spots, you'll see what i mean. Also the fish in pit 2 spend a lot of time just cruising about just below the surface, flat spots? Oh and was that a bird that just splashed? There are a lot of birds and the fish mingle with them;)

hickler
10-03-2012, 17:34
casting at the birds could be fun lol;g2

ProdigyPlus50
11-03-2012, 00:03
I'm not on about the obvious signs like shouldering or boshing out but the subtle signs. You've caught some good fish from there and know some good spots, watch those spots, you'll see what i mean. Also the fish in pit 2 spend a lot of time just cruising about just below the surface, flat spots? Oh and was that a bird that just splashed? There are a lot of birds and the fish mingle with them;)

Now you mention it ian, i know what your on about, you do get the few slight bubblers, slat spots and so on :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Eeyyor
11-03-2012, 01:14
Now you mention it ian, i know what your on about, you do get the few slight bubblers, slat spots and so on :bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

:thumbs:

Russkii Jim
20-03-2012, 15:19
Without wanting to drone on about the sale of Cemex waters one thing is for sure Theale hasn't got the "status" of certain other Cemex waters in most buyers's eyes I surmise so not sure who on earth would want it should the Cemex waters go to a piecemeal break up of each water rather than a job lot.....Sure am going to put in more hours if I can this next year so as to fish it whilst I can :(

hickler
22-03-2012, 18:27
lets hope it doesnt get sold Jim.

paddy73
22-03-2012, 21:06
Wonder what its worth?

stiggy
22-03-2012, 22:02
Wonder what its worth?

Good question , time will tell

Eeyyor
24-03-2012, 00:00
Wonder what its worth?

What ever someone will pay for it, same as anything :suspect:

dave28
24-03-2012, 19:29
Looking at joining this week, is it possible to catch the tench on float gear or is it carp gear orientated water?

Russkii Jim
25-03-2012, 18:17
dave28 you will be able to wean some tench out on float gear on pit 1 mate but it gets busy with the tench anglers during Spring!

dave28
25-03-2012, 21:45
Cheers Jim,

Will be doing most of my fishing during the week so hopefully won't be as bad. Will have to sort out my ticket might see if i can get down there Wednesday.

selby87
04-04-2012, 19:23
Any one been on pit two this week if so how'd it go?

tylera7x
23-04-2012, 19:54
Hey guys read a fair bit in this thread and need a lil help.

went down last week had a tench not what i was after but always welcome :thumbs:.

just wondering if any one can help with tatics and so on and forth i just went with marked a spot and attempted to throw boilies over the top (without the gulls getting the b4 they hit the water).

any advice would be nice.

cheers!!:thumbs:

Hippy
28-04-2012, 15:48
In my limited experience, you don't need to be too worried about tactis- use what rigs and baits you have faith in (a spod will avoid the guls) and concentrate on being in the right area....

stiggy
29-04-2012, 08:16
Hey guys read a fair bit in this thread and need a lil help.

went down last week had a tench not what i was after but always welcome :thumbs:.

just wondering if any one can help with tatics and so on and forth i just went with marked a spot and attempted to throw boilies over the top (without the gulls getting the b4 they hit the water).

any advice would be nice.

cheers!!:thumbs:

fill it in ,has always worked for me , this time of year they are moving about all the time . where ever you fish on there you wont be to far away from a bite .

Russkii Jim
01-05-2012, 16:29
How's Theale looking after all this rain....(don't say 'wet'!) in terms of access to swims etc as I am ready to kill someone at the moment due to various stress at work and home so may need an urgent 'time out' at the lake!?

hickler
01-05-2012, 19:34
I second that, im itching to get but this weather is doing my head in

DeanOr
04-05-2012, 15:26
Its wet, Very very wet. Banks boggy, Copse is holding a lot of water but you can just about get at it!

Bottom lane is driveable

Russkii Jim
04-05-2012, 17:45
Blast as I hoped for a cheeky visit to the Copse soon in particular the left hand swim - will have a mooch on Monday/Tuesday in the hope it has dried up a bit..

stiggy
07-05-2012, 08:10
Blast as I hoped for a cheeky visit to the Copse soon in particular the left hand swim - will have a mooch on Monday/Tuesday in the hope it has dried up a bit..

ring me when your down the pit mate

Fusion1966
07-05-2012, 09:00
Which one is the copse swim? Sorry only recently joined so still working out swims etc

stiggy
07-05-2012, 09:01
Which one is the copse swim? Sorry only recently joined so still working out swims etc

the bit to the right of the lazy swim

Fusion1966
07-05-2012, 22:18
Ok cheers, another swim name to add to my lake map lol

GashMan
08-05-2012, 11:38
Cant wait to get back on pit 2! has been ages since i was last down!

Paddy77
14-05-2012, 17:36
I'm hoping to get down there tomorrow for my first visit to Theale and my first session of this year!!! Any instant advice that springs to mind would be greatly appreciated!

Pad

bobreid
14-05-2012, 18:01
I'm hoping to get down there tomorrow for my first visit to Theale and my first session of this year!!! Any instant advice that springs to mind would be greatly appreciated!

Pad

Crays!!!!!

Paddy77
14-05-2012, 18:16
Yeah I heard about the crays Bob, pop-uptastic!

I was going to launch a wide spread of boilie in with a pop-up in the middle, and maybe just a single bait out too???

hickler
31-05-2012, 19:52
I'm gonna pop down for a short 12 hour session tomorow, well going to get there before light, pit 2 but unsure of what swim to head for, any suggestions

Hippy
31-05-2012, 20:30
Walk round and see what the fish are doing....

hickler
01-06-2012, 05:24
Ok I woke up a little late so didn't get here till 5 had a walk up and down bottom lane, couldn't see a fish, so after about 45 minutes I was lazy and sat my self in lazy, however when setting up a fish did show out in front of me and now both rods are out there, tried to get a spread of boilies out there but the hula are all over them. Let's see what happens

hickler
01-06-2012, 06:51
I keep seeing plenty of bubbles coming up all around me but only about 10-15yards of the bank. Is this fish?

hickler
01-06-2012, 08:13
I would be happy to catch a bream right now

hickler
03-06-2012, 11:05
Does anyone know if you can buy guest tickets for theale?

Fusion1966
03-06-2012, 12:32
Yes you can get 2 guest tickets from reading angling centre. I think they are £10 each for 24 hours

hickler
04-06-2012, 15:35
Cheers

GashMan
12-06-2012, 13:17
roll on end of the month, will finally get to spend some time on theale!
cant wait am buzzing

GashMan
19-06-2012, 15:21
Not long now, im counting down the days

hickler
21-06-2012, 13:30
Going to buy my ticket next week, can't wait to do some nights on there

Fusion1966
21-06-2012, 19:39
Will be down theale pit 2 for the weekend at the end of this month. Will be my first proper crack at a stunning lake (I don't count fishing in freezing conditions in early march lol)

GashMan
22-06-2012, 14:18
Will be on pit 2 myself next week, so i'll prob see you down there fusion!!

am buzzing to get started this year!!

Fusion1966
24-06-2012, 22:35
If the wind is blowing in the right direction I'll be fishing bottom lane end as not fished that end of the lake yet so hope to see you down there mate

GashMan
26-06-2012, 13:33
I'll keep an eye on the weather and prob have a walk thursday or friday.

I might see you down there then mate

GashMan
02-07-2012, 14:32
finally got some fishing in, slow weekend thou! how did everyone else get on?

Fusion1966
03-07-2012, 10:34
Where were you fishing gashman, chatted to a few people as was fishing in lazy boy swim all weekend

GashMan
03-07-2012, 17:04
I had a look over bottom lane, looked fairly busy. I was over woolich green end. How did you get on?

Fusion1966
03-07-2012, 17:27
26lbs mirror and a 6lbs bream how about you?

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z413/fusion1966/954720dd.jpg

GashMan
04-07-2012, 10:45
Good angling mate, nothin for me. High light was watching my spod crack off, Man them Korda spods fly straight LOL

Fusion1966
04-07-2012, 11:26
No issues like that for me but there were a couple of spots I'd like to try which were beyond my casting range but could be reached with a baitboat

When are you next down? I don't have any weekends free now until August but might have to do some evenings after work to make up for it

GashMan
04-07-2012, 11:40
I am hoping to get a evening or 2 in this week, hopefully a overnight over the weekend.

bottom lane seemed busy when i drove down, did much come out?

Fusion1966
04-07-2012, 14:50
Only what I caught I think but I left on Sunday morning so someone could have had one after I left

GashMan
11-07-2012, 15:32
bang goes my overnighter lol

Fusion1966
11-07-2012, 18:23
I fished last night, one bream, a nice tench and a 10lb mirror carp so not great

GashMan
11-07-2012, 18:53
I'd settle for any carp at the moment lol, am fishing a few hours tonight so fingers crossed.

Fusion1966
12-07-2012, 18:57
Good luck mate

Carpbot
12-07-2012, 21:37
Top angling fusion. May have to buy a ticket again ! And get on the bank.

GashMan
13-07-2012, 09:40
hopefully i'll be down again tonight, anyone else on?

GashMan
23-07-2012, 12:45
anyone been out lately?

Fusion1966
23-07-2012, 16:04
I have been too busy working unfortunately.

Might do an overnight session next week though

Russkii Jim
23-07-2012, 17:33
need to go to my "quiet place" so trying for few hours on Wednesday - don't care if blank, just need to be there......

GashMan
24-07-2012, 07:47
haha i know what you mean Jim, I should be down this week/weekend

hickler
27-07-2012, 13:37
I'm gonna be down on the 11th for a night, will be my 1 st ever night session on theale

GashMan
29-07-2012, 21:38
Fished last night, 2 fish 22lb 7oz Mirror and 15lb 14oz Common.

hickler
01-08-2012, 13:58
From what swim mate

GashMan
01-08-2012, 14:14
Dont know the names, next to lazymans.

hickler
01-08-2012, 14:32
To the right of lazy? That's the copse with 3 swims on it, I'm in there now and just lost one.

hickler
01-08-2012, 14:49
Actually I popped down on Sunday an there was someone fishing the beach swims to the left of lazy that must have been you

GashMan
01-08-2012, 15:02
I had the little staffie with me?

hickler
01-08-2012, 21:41
I had 3 runs today missed them all, gutted as the where all screaming runs but on the strike there was nothing anyone else had this problem? At 1st I thought it good have been bream but I'm pretty sure bream don't take off like these fish did, any ideas?

GashMan
02-08-2012, 08:39
not getting a proper hook hold?

hickler
02-08-2012, 14:19
Yeah that's what I was thinking but don't know why, hooks are sharp

Jess Collins
02-08-2012, 19:44
have you tried adjusting length of rig and hair?
lead setup ect?
have had something similar when using running leads light ones switched to heavy semi fixed and made a massive improvement in hookholds?

hickler
03-08-2012, 11:48
Not changed anything yet currently using 2oz lead semi fixed running lead takes a good pull to pull lead free also using lead core leader

hickler
08-08-2012, 21:33
Going down on sat night gonna fish 1st point any tips/swims on there, think there is only 3 swims on there.