just need some help looking for a lake in potters bar day ticket water

lump
27-09-2010, 17:39
Oakmere Park Lakes

Should get some info from Andy in PB tackle shop

Or ask 5teve

Josha
27-09-2010, 18:00
Hi Ben, Barnet angling club (Not day ticket but a cheap club if you needed a close by water) own a fishery a couple miles away from you called Shepherds way up the A1000 near Brookmans Park. I used to fish it many years ago.

Depending on what you or your family do for a living The Met police (And any other uniform services can join) have fishing rights to the estate lakes on the Wrotham park estate in Potters Bar.

Pretty lakes and easy fishing for a variety of species. Fished it for a few years up until a couple of years back.

lump
27-09-2010, 18:40
If you live in the brookmans park catchment then gobians is a lovely little water

Rich1969
27-09-2010, 18:54
Hook lake in Northaw might worth a look, a very old estate lake and has been fished some famous faces over the years. Its not on day ticket though.

Otherwise Oakmere park lakes the obvious choice.

other lakes worth considering within striking distance Stanborough Lakes WGC, maybe holywell hyde in Hatfiled if its is still in existance.

hope that helps a bit.

Rich

paul.v
27-09-2010, 19:05
hi mate i know its not potters bar but brookfield lake is only a 15 minute drive from there its day ticket and not a bad lake. fish to nearly 30 good chance of a few fish to

masterbaiter
27-09-2010, 19:54
hook lake all day long

paul.v
27-09-2010, 20:01
yes it would be his best bet but as hook is syndicate it would be a bit hard to get a day ticket

benkelly1993
27-09-2010, 20:05
dont live round there just dad goes that way to work and i wanna try a diffrent lake

masterbaiter
28-09-2010, 07:19
Paul will the chap be fishing this day ticket regularly? for the 100 odd Hook would cost i think he could surely afford a ticket and save even if he only intended a dozen sessions.

lump
28-09-2010, 07:27
Paul will the chap be fishing this day ticket regularly? for the 100 odd Hook would cost i think he could surely afford a ticket and save even if he only intended a dozen sessions.

Lovely lake hook. Watch out for bomber Harris!

alan85
28-09-2010, 09:15
Anyone know how long the waiting list is for hook and how busy it is?

adda
28-09-2010, 19:31
hook is rarely busy normally only 2 or 3 people at the weekend. not sure on the waiting list, if you put your name down in feb when the list opens you'll probably get on, i know theres a couple of people dropping their tickets.

ggdt99
28-09-2010, 21:03
Live in Potters Bar myself and the only day ticket that I know of actually in Potters Bar is Oakmere Park. Tickets from Potters Bar Angling in the High Street.

Other waters within a 10 mile radius are:-

Owens School lake and the little one on the way to Northaw (not sure of the name) - both Potters Bar Angling Club (details from Andy in Potters Bar Angling)

Gobions, Brookmans Park - members only and you have to live in North Mymms Parish (Brookmans Park / Little Heath / Welham Green) to join - (details from Old Hatfield Angling). You can get guest tickets Mon-Sat but only if your fishing with a member.

Shepherds Way, Brookmans Park - Barnet Angling, details on their website.

Hook Lake, Northaw - syndicate, details on their website.

Smallford, St Albans and Moor Mill, Park Street - Verulam Angling, details on their website

Jacks Lake, C o c k fosters - day ticket - Oakwood Angling will have details.

Bayford Lake, day ticket have to phone to book.

Stanborough, Welwyn Garden - day ticket on the bank.

Holwell Hyde, Welwyn Garden - day ticket on the bank.

Willows, Colney Heath - day ticket on the bank

Broad Colney, Barnet Angling - details on their website

Colney Heath Pits, members only - details from Old Hatfield Angling

Brookfield Lake in Cheshunt as someone else has mentioned is not that far away and day ticket as well.

That's about it that I can think of, hope that helps.

STEVIE_H
05-06-2011, 11:27
sorry to 'resurect' this thread - does anyone
know about fishing on Nyn Park / Nyn Pond - Northaw - i've googled it and seen that the whole estate appears to be for sale - so i assume a non-starter?

adda
05-06-2011, 20:59
[QUOTE=STEVIE_H;1694860]sorry to 'resurect' this thread - does anyone
know about fishing on Nyn Park / Nyn Pond - Northaw - i've googled it and seen that the whole estate appears to be for sale - so i assume a non-starter?[/QU
no fishing allowed on nyn manor pond but possible to have a 'guest' session so i'm told, pretty small fish by all accounts too.

lump
05-06-2011, 21:47
Fished nyn park 20 years ago. Small wildies

Get in through the cemetery. There was another lake on the left as you bear left before northaw (from Pb)

Behind some fencing though