PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rawcliffe's Eastern Spices Mix

lump
13-09-2010, 10:34
I had good results on this mix and would love to know his Indian spice blend and qty's per lb dry mix.

I would assume it would consist of the following:

Fenugreek, Turmeric, Cumin, Curry Powder, Cayenne Pepper and Ground Black
Pepper. Maybe minus the cayenne

Anyone?

pottsville
13-09-2010, 11:44
if tails up no longer make it, why not ask them?

lump
13-09-2010, 12:01
They no longer make it and Jim is no longer with them.

Jim was a top bloke. Is he on facebook?

Klewless
13-09-2010, 16:13
wasn't it 'Chinese 5 spice' available from most high street supermarket shelves?

lump
13-09-2010, 16:30
wasn't it 'Chinese 5 spice' available from most high street supermarket shelves?

No mate it smelt of curry. I may be over complicating things i.e. just standard curry powder as it will have a mix of the spices listed above

But it was an effective bait...

Deanmyster
13-09-2010, 16:52
No mate it smelt of curry. I may be over complicating things i.e. just standard curry powder as it will have a mix of the spices listed above

But it was an effective bait...

The Protavit and Indian Spice was mainly Fenugreek, a very distinctive smell and one that I use instead of Chilli flakes in Grounbaits/Hemp, hope this helps.

DanCleary
14-09-2010, 10:02
I was on the Far Eastern for a few years, the main flavours was fenugreek and garlic. The new tails up guys didn't like rolling it, so stopped making it.

FISHSKI
14-09-2010, 16:26
Give Ash a ring at Tails Up.
He made some Far Eastern for me but used a differnt base than the original fishmeal base a couple of years ago.
I think he used Red Fish??

ash 1
16-09-2010, 18:18
the far eastern is still available and is rolled on the red fish mix. it was stopped as a frontline bait only due to it not selling, though the customers who did use it had very good results on it!!!

it never had fenugreek in it... for those that think they know..

ash