PDA

View Full Version : Tracing Fish Stocks

Boxy
05-09-2010, 07:26
Whislt trying to trace the original stocking of a lake I fish and have done for 20 years, it appears that the very first stocking were of Israelli origin, and we must be talking about the 60's or 70's?

Anyone shed any light into movements of fish around that era and of that origin?

Flipper_al
05-09-2010, 16:45
Drop Chris Ball a pm...:)

Boxy
05-09-2010, 17:41
Already have Al, he came back with a blank but at the time I didnt realise the fish were Israeli origin, will ping him another PM!!

sally
05-09-2010, 18:03
I think you will find that Anglo Aquarium of Enfield used to import some carp from Israel as they had large stocks [for eating]. The fish looked very grey and similar to the Italian fish I bought. AA no longer exists so may be difficult to trace

Mike

cv carper
05-09-2010, 18:33
I think you will find that Anglo Aquarium of Enfield used to import some carp from Israel as they had large stocks [for eating]. The fish looked very grey and similar to the Italian fish I bought. AA no longer exists so may be difficult to trace

Mike

Also a lot from belgium too i think!

Cooperman
06-09-2010, 09:15
send some info to Sir Bazil on TANB site, he's the man for this sort of thing, he just sorted out where the original Yateley fish came from for me, he has so much knowledge of imported fish strains.

Timbo
06-09-2010, 10:16
Whislt trying to trace the original stocking of a lake I fish and have done for 20 years, it appears that the very first stocking were of Israelli origin, and we must be talking about the 60's or 70's?

Anyone shed any light into movements of fish around that era and of that origin?

Which lake mate? PM if preferred

Boxy
06-09-2010, 13:57
Thanks for all the info chaps, PM Tim, im down Weds night if you are about for a cuppa....