PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot A650

junglist2
20-06-2010, 10:31
Hi

Does anyone use this model for their angling?

Im thinking of upgrading from the A95 I currently have.

Ive looked on a couple of camera review sites and noticed on a couple fo them there is a "custom" option on the self timer mode. Is this correct and if so is it possible to customise the self take option to take multiple shots ie 10 sec delay then 5 shots for example?

Hope you can help!:thumbs:

Cheers.... J2

TimKelly
20-06-2010, 10:47
Check to see whether it focuses and locks the exposure when you press the button to start the self timer. If so, it's not very easy to get the best results.

junglist2
20-06-2010, 11:12
Are you talking from experience Tim?
I use the auto setting when using the self timer on the A95 model and the results come out fine

J2

TimKelly
20-06-2010, 12:52
Just trying to sort out some pictures a friend took on self timer with an Olympus compact camera, and the problem is very real!

Make sure you're not standing in front of the camera when you press the button, and that the background isn't too far away from where you're going to be and isn't too tonally different.

junglist2
20-06-2010, 15:18
Ah good advice Tim, cheers for that

stevo1
20-06-2010, 16:17
got the 650 a few months ago ,unfortunatly not used it yet .got the velcro cable release strap and bulb for self takes ,just to be more secretive ,lol,fully tested in the living room ,seemed ok ,time will tell or a big blank ,,,

Dinez
20-06-2010, 16:27
Hi

Does anyone use this model for their angling?

Im thinking of upgrading from the A95 I currently have.

Ive looked on a couple of camera review sites and noticed on a couple fo them there is a "custom" option on the self timer mode. Is this correct and if so is it possible to customise the self take option to take multiple shots ie 10 sec delay then 5 shots for example?

Hope you can help!:thumbs:

Cheers.... J2

I've had this camera for a while and really like it.

Yes, it is possible to do exactly as you say.

junglist2
20-06-2010, 17:53
Ah nice one chaps!