PDA

View Full Version : bit of help

granty
10-06-2010, 17:56
just got myself a half decent camera,
is there a website which i could have a read up on just to get some basics of photography and which settings should be used in certain enviroments.

Mowgli
10-06-2010, 18:03
This is a good one. Not sure if you have a SLR, but it could prove useful even if you haven't. :)

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=414088

granty
10-06-2010, 18:07
just what i was looking for, cheers

simon39
10-06-2010, 18:26
I would really reccomend going on a one day course. I purchased a new dslr a couple of months back and wanted to get off the auto settings and start using the camera to its full potiential. I googled a search for courses in my area and you will be surprised what you find, did a one day session for 75 there were 8 of us with 1 tutor and we spend a full day including lunch taking pictures on the various setting.Best money i have ever spend and the quality of my pictures improved immediately :)

granty
10-06-2010, 19:36
I would really reccomend going on a one day course. I purchased a new dslr a couple of months back and wanted to get off the auto settings and start using the camera to its full potiential. I googled a search for courses in my area and you will be surprised what you find, did a one day session for 75 there were 8 of us with 1 tutor and we spend a full day including lunch taking pictures on the various setting.Best money i have ever spend and the quality of my pictures improved immediately :)

yeah that doesnt sound like such a bad idea, as i said its only a half decent camera so may wait until ive got myself a top of the range one to make it worthwhile

walker
11-06-2010, 06:49
Expensive cameras don't mean you'll start taking magical pictures ;-) best bet is to get out there and play, should not take long to figure out. Also good books on amazon about exsposure.

Les_Paul
12-06-2010, 07:52
Expensive cameras don't mean you'll start taking magical pictures ;-) best bet is to get out there and play, should not take long to figure out. Also good books on amazon about exsposure.

Very true, a quicker path to magical pictures is quality lenses over camera bodies, but again no substitute for technique.