PDA

View Full Version : Carte Peche holiday fishing licence

treeman
06-05-2010, 20:53
Planned to go out to France next week to do a couple of weeks on some "Carte Peche" lakes but have seen somewhere that the holiday 15-day license (Carte peche Vacance) is not available until 1st June 2010 - can anyone confirm this? I'm sure you used to be able to buy them all year but maybe things have changed.

gloucesteroldspot
07-05-2010, 10:48
You are correct - between 1st June and 30th September you can get a holiday licence; outside of those dates you have to purchase an annual one. I think mine was about 60 euros for Category 1 waters (i.e. trout, salmon) when I went over to Normandy in mid May a couple of years ago. Category 2 will be adequate for carp, and should be a little cheaper.

This has been the case for at least ten years. Jon Beer wrote about it in 1998 - go to w.fishandfly.co.uk/jbedit998.html[/url] to read it.

treeman
07-05-2010, 17:37
Yep, 65 Euro this year for single region or 86 Euro for multiple region annual licences, just a shame no Vacance ticket before June as my friend who is coming with me has only budgeted for the 30 Euro Vacance ticket so he'll have to buy annual - which might make him come over again in September hopefully!.

redimp
09-05-2010, 10:24
Does anyone know if the Vacance permit covers all of france or is it regional

Olly1
09-05-2010, 14:11
Look up the region you are fishing. ie 16 Charente or 85 Vendee - first part of post code. I will tell you on their website.

There are 2 main area fishing Clubs/Consortiums - South & Middle of France (you can buy an extra 'stamp' to fish both).

The North and some Regions are a law unto themselves.

redimp
09-05-2010, 23:20
Done a bit of digging into the vacance permit on the french sites they all say they start on june 1st, you can buy these until the end of september or november or december,god knows which one is right,and cover the whole of france