PDA

View Full Version : Olympus E600

Smallbreamboy
23-04-2010, 19:53
Hi guys,

Anybody got one? Have the e410, but in my haste to buy (it was a great price) didn't realise it didn't have IS.

Have a possibility of the E600, but just wonder what you think.

TimKelly
23-04-2010, 21:07
Is the IS such a big deal to you? People have taken perfectly good photos for 200 years without it, just need to concentrate a bit when you're taking the picture!

Les_Paul
24-04-2010, 09:52
Hi guys,

Anybody got one? Have the e410, but in my haste to buy (it was a great price) didn't realise it didn't have IS.

Have a possibility of the E600, but just wonder what you think.

Consider that the noise characteristics of Olympus camera four thirds systems are not quite as slick as Nikon or Canon, so raising the ISO for low light might not be an attractive idea. This means the added 3 stops of light in theory that IS gives you is extremely useful. Many siuations are helped with IS and it is a very credible addition.

Smallbreamboy
24-04-2010, 18:37
Consider that the noise characteristics of Olympus camera four thirds systems are not quite as slick as Nikon or Canon, so raising the ISO for low light might not be an attractive idea. This means the added 3 stops of light in theory that IS gives you is extremely useful. Many siuations are helped with IS and it is a very credible addition.

Thanks. I read the other post and thought yes, they have been using for 200 years without, but why do alot of cameras now do it with.

I have the opportunity of getting one for 300, do you think it's a good buy or is there anything else you would recommend at that price. I have the 40-150 lens with the 410, which is a 2nd lens, so that is why it attracts me more, could sell the 410 on with 1 lens.

Les_Paul
25-04-2010, 05:32
Thanks. I read the other post and thought yes, they have been using for 200 years without, but why do alot of cameras now do it with.

I have the opportunity of getting one for 300, do you think it's a good buy or is there anything else you would recommend at that price. I have the 40-150 lens with the 410, which is a 2nd lens, so that is why it attracts me more, could sell the 410 on with 1 lens.

Are you sure it is a 600 or 620? I didnt think the 600 appeared in the UK but I could be wrong. The 600 is a specced down version of the 620. 300 for a 620 would be a reasonable price if its in good condition with a relatively low shutter count, but the best measure is to see what the used prices for a 620 are on ebay.

If you already have Zuiko glass then you could sell the 410 body or keep it as a back up.

Smallbreamboy
25-04-2010, 09:28
Are you sure it is a 600 or 620? I didnt think the 600 appeared in the UK but I could be wrong. The 600 is a specced down version of the 620. 300 for a 620 would be a reasonable price if its in good condition with a relatively low shutter count, but the best measure is to see what the used prices for a 620 are on ebay.

If you already have Zuiko glass then you could sell the 410 body or keep it as a back up.

Yes it's the 600 as had a look at it. If it was the 620 I would bite their arm off at that price. Have read a bit about it and know the spec not as good. Would you think about 2nd hand 520, think a 620 just out of budget.