PDA

View Full Version : 1st time dslr

pikery
19-02-2010, 17:50
hi guys after looking at some of the results you can acheive from a dslr im gonna bite the bullet and treat myself to a new camera now to the hard part i've been looking around ebay e.t.c and it's a mine feild for someone like me with no experiance with this type of camera been looking at the the nikon d40as im led to believe that this is a good starter camera could someone with a bit of knowledge of dslr's give me some pointers as to if this would be a good route to go down or are there any other camera's worth looking into my budget is around 300
kind regards d

john fisher
19-02-2010, 17:57
Hi fella, i was in the same boat as you 18 months ago and i whent for the sony A200 (it was voted the best starter dslr for afew years prior to me getting one) and you can get them for just a little more than 300, got mine for 310 inc bag memory card and skylight.

Hope thos helps :thumbs:

edit; Worth mentioning you dont get a remote with this but you can get one from fleabay for about 20.

upperoilcan
19-02-2010, 18:02
Have a look 2nd hand with the budget you have fella,as there are bargains to be found,i personally have a Canon 450d and it's an excellent bit of kit,Dont get too hung up on "starter dslr's",get your self a mid range camera as if its only to be a hobby you will never out grow it.

Once you gain a bit of experience and start to understand how thing's work with all the different setting's you can start to look for different glass...ie Zoom/Macro/Wide angle...

You will find that most people opt for Canon or Nikon but that really comes down to personal preference...

pikery
19-02-2010, 18:49
thanks for the reply's guys after reading your reply upper im now looking at the canon eos 4oo d as it sits nicely in my budget i take it that this is the older version of the camera you have would this be classed as a mid range camera? as from what you said makes sense i would only end up upgrading at a later date also can you use different makes of lenses with the canon or are they only canon compatible?sorry for all the questions, i dont wanna be a punisher honest :lol:
regards d

upperoilcan
19-02-2010, 18:51
Yes you can use different make lenses such as Sigma/Tamron...and so on

And yes the 400 is a very capable camera and will see you alright...

Golden
19-02-2010, 19:08
I've got a 350D Body with cable remote (brand new) , battery grip, 2 brand new batteries and 6xAA adpater plus case for sale if your interested?

Instructions etc etc

175 the lot.

NO LENSES though.

pikery
19-02-2010, 20:46
thanks for the offer had a look at reveiws on it sounds a nice bit of kit but im sort of sold on the 400 due to the bigger veiwing screen d

KRO
20-02-2010, 10:46
pikery you have pm...