PDA

View Full Version : long water hampton court and info/catch reports?

general123
14-02-2010, 23:38
long water hampton court and info/catch reports?

kieranbyrne4
29-03-2010, 16:45
long water has some big fish in there but it gets very weedy and many people dont fish there because of the swans and ducks.

glyn42
29-03-2010, 17:22
Tried it a couple of times could not get them big fish interested in any bait.

Mr.T
29-03-2010, 17:57
I have a ticket there and have found the fishing exceptional. That's all I'm saying :D

BennyTee
29-03-2010, 18:42
Alot of simmo's

Mr.T
29-03-2010, 20:21
Yeah only simmo's in there ...

herculies01
29-03-2010, 21:05
any info on the plans for the di :suspect:

Elty
30-03-2010, 11:50
Yeah only simmo's in there ...

Ha Ha! :norty:

mr J Birtles
30-03-2010, 19:04
any info on the plans for the di :suspect:

yeh its going to be a paddling pool :thumbs:

samperry
30-03-2010, 19:35
where abouts in hampton court is it and how do u get to fish it??

skribzz
30-03-2010, 20:20
There is a few originals left,a ghostie around the 28-30lb mark, the linear at 32lb a leather around the 30lb mark,four scales at 28-32lb,apple slice at 24lb,maybe 1 common left around the 28lb mark and 3 or 4 smaller commons...the rest of the fish are simmos,and there is a lot of them! but saying that a few are making 30lb now and darking up in colour due to the good water condition (coming in from the Thames)...:thumbs:

general123
02-04-2010, 14:33
cheers mate . do they all bunch up in one spot?

Deanos196
02-04-2010, 16:21
the simmos are all about 3lb i would be shocked if any of them made doubles let alone 30s.but ur about right on the originals.

skribzz
02-04-2010, 23:26
This might be bigger than 3lb mate!

fisherthon
03-04-2010, 17:12
Never managed to get anything feeding ... apart from a common of 31, the leather, also 31 , a ghost/koi common of 26 and a ton of mid-upper double simmos... oh and the previous season :lol:

This year I may go more than 4 times, although I hear they are about to put another load of pasties in :mad:

Deanos196
04-04-2010, 14:15
sorry i was refering to the scabby little pasties fisherthon is talking about.

skribzz
15-04-2010, 12:54
sorry i was refering to the scabby little pasties fisherthon is talking about.

The only fish that where stocked in there were john patton`s fishers pond strain fish "Simmos" other than the fish that were transferred from the diana pond netting...a lot of them were pasties but any1 who knows anything about the growth rate of these fish will know a 3lb simmo would only be 3lb for a matter of weeks after stocking the way those little round fella`s grow not 3 years ago wen John 1st put them in...

general123
30-04-2010, 08:01
ist a hard lake to fish because some say its rock hard and some its easy?

joe_h
30-04-2010, 11:47
is longwater on the same ticket as the other lakes in the park?

TomWaltonCarper
30-04-2010, 12:13
is longwater on the same ticket as the other lakes in the park?

yes

joe_h
30-04-2010, 12:51
and june 16th opening?

Elty
30-04-2010, 18:29
has anyone received their application forms yet?

keefus
30-04-2010, 20:54
Nope - nothing yet.....

fisherthon
30-04-2010, 21:10
has anyone received their application forms yet?
How come we never met?

Elty
01-05-2010, 18:03
How come we never met?

we probably have a load of times and never put two and two together!

i'm always the guy who moves into your swim after you and poaches your baited areas! :wave:

fisherthon
01-05-2010, 18:33
we probably have a load of times and never put two and two together!

i'm always the guy who moves into your swim after you and poaches your baited areas! :wave:

Thats why I only fish singles
:lol:

Elty
02-05-2010, 09:58
and thats why i never catch! you need to pick better swims, for both our sakes!

skribzz
02-05-2010, 11:22
ist a hard lake to fish because some say its rock hard and some its easy?

You wont find many easier lakes than the long water 2 catch fish,providing the've not all been eaten by the eastern europeans,i know Les said they have had problems with finding long lines etc...:thumbs:

catchin
02-05-2010, 11:32
You wont find many easier lakes than the long water 2 catch fish,providing the've not all been eaten by the eastern europeans,i know Les said they have had problems with finding long lines etc...:thumbs:

If you can find a swim this coming season, can see the longy turning into the heron.....

fisherthon
02-05-2010, 13:03
If you can find a swim this coming season, can see the longy turning into the heron.....

Most people find it too far to walk... and after a blank, never return - and thats how it should stay.:wave:

bradders8
02-05-2010, 13:58
me and 5 mates r doing the season we done over 100k of bait allready baiting up

NEILZ
02-05-2010, 14:13
Not sure if anyone saw the Heron thread on another forum that started a couple of seasons back but it definitely played a big part in the Heron becoming the circus it is today! The guy who started the thread saw how busy the lake became after all the publicity and definitely regreted starting that thread...gets to a point where its to late to change it though...

This is Deja vu, Next the pics of whats in the Longy will be going up. If people wanna know whats in there, or how hard it is etc surely the 55 ticket is not to much to go and find out for thereselves? Failing that if anglers insist on showing how much they know about the stock or how hard or easy it is a private message to the people enquiring has got to be better, no???

Elty
02-05-2010, 14:43
Not sure if anyone saw the Heron thread on another forum that started a couple of seasons back but it definitely played a big part in the Heron becoming the circus it is today! The guy who started the thread saw how busy the lake became after all the publicity and definitely regreted starting that thread...gets to a point where its to late to change it though...

This is Deja vu, Next the pics of whats in the Longy will be going up. If people wanna know whats in there, or how hard it is etc surely the 55 ticket is not to much to go and find out for thereselves? Failing that if anglers insist on showing how much they know about the stock or how hard or easy it is a private message to the people enquiring has got to be better, no???

to a degree i agree but the long has a long way to go before it becomes the heron. no parking and a lack of monsters will ensure that. however 100kgs of bait already does seem excessive so maybe this is the beginning of the end for the long too. i hope its a good qualty bait.

but also this a forum and this is what people want to discuss. so be it. just going to have to deal with it getting busy. its down to the guys running it to ensure that the lake doesn't turn out like the heron has. either make the ticket more expensive or limit the numbers.

NEILZ
02-05-2010, 14:58
to a degree i agree but the long has a long way to go before it becomes the heron. no parking and a lack of monsters will ensure that. however 100kgs of bait already does seem excessive so maybe this is the beginning of the end for the long too. i hope its a good qualty bait.

but also this a forum and this is what people want to discuss. so be it. just going to have to deal with it getting busy. its down to the guys running it to ensure that the lake doesn't turn out like the heron has. either make the ticket more expensive or limit the numbers.

The people running the place are the royal parks and park police now who have no interest in how busy the place gets. The cost will go up, but usually only by 5 per season which isnt going to put anyone off. As for keeping a limit on numbers, either theres no limit or if there is its a ridiculous amount that in reality is never gonna be met. Anyway, hopefully like you say the Longy is a different kettle of fish to the Heron and wont be effected in the same way the Heron has been...hopefully:cry:
As for the people wanting info on the place, i give in. Its full of small ugly simmos and probably not worth any of your time. Look elsewhere, nothing of any note....move along:D

Elty
02-05-2010, 15:02
The people running the place are the royal parks and park police now who have no interest in how busy the place gets. The cost will go up, but usually only by 5 per season which isnt going to put anyone off. As for keeping a limit on numbers, either theres no limit or if there is its a ridiculous amount that in reality is never gonna be met. Anyway, hopefully like you say the Longy is a different kettle of fish to the Heron and wont be effected in the same way the Heron has been...hopefully:cry:
As for the people wanting info on the place, i give in. Its full of small ugly simmos and probably not worth any of your time. Look elsewhere, nothing of any note....move along:D

HA HA! dont tell them everything! maybe its worth speaking to the park ranger and seeing if people can take on an active part in the running of the club. unlikely i know but if you dont ask you dont get. having said that isn't that how the heron started to go wayward, john gave a few regulars a bit more authority and they ran away with it?

NEILZ
02-05-2010, 15:16
HA HA! dont tell them everything! maybe its worth speaking to the park ranger and seeing if people can take on an active part in the running of the club. unlikely i know but if you dont ask you dont get. having said that isn't that how the heron started to go wayward, john gave a few regulars a bit more authority and they ran away with it?

Kind of, but to be fair to those guys your talking about, they went on to get banned by the parks police and the place has definitely gone downhill since then. When they were fishing there the amount of bait they were putting in to the main lake definitely helped weight gains for most of the carp and many other anglers benefited from this by catching the fish at there best ever weights but more importantly all that bait that went in kept the carp in the main lake which made them easier to catch from the main lake! As apposed to now where they spend most of there time in the boat pool again which in turn has led the young uns up there to just start fishing for them in the the boat pool again lol....if you get my drift:confused:

fisherthon
02-05-2010, 15:47
me and 5 mates r doing the season we done over 100k of bait allready baiting up

Gonna land me a new pb tufti this year :thumbs:

NEILZ
02-05-2010, 15:54
Gonna land me a new pb tufti this year :thumbs:

But maybe hes gone with the 22/24mm air dried jobbies. Tufty proof long enough for the carp to tuck in!!

fisherthon
02-05-2010, 16:11
But maybe hes gone with the 22/24mm air dried jobbies. Tufty proof long enough for the carp to tuck in!!

Doubt it... If you havent fished there, you dont realise how pointless baiting up is :dissapoint:

NEILZ
02-05-2010, 16:15
Doubt it... If you havent fished there, you dont realise how pointless baiting up is :dissapoint:

Hmmm...No comment:suspect: Also my last post on this thread......peace

keefus
02-05-2010, 16:31
I did several sessions on the long last season and in summary:

Not easy
Gets very very weedy
Lots of dogs go swimming there
Mostly simmos
A pain to get to
It's long......

fisherthon
02-05-2010, 17:42
I did several sessions on the long last season and in summary:

Not easy
Gets very very weedy
Lots of dogs go swimming there
Mostly simmos
A pain to get to
It's long......

:thumbs:

Elty
02-05-2010, 19:05
im defo going to get a ticket again this year. at least if the leg is busy i can go over to the long!

BennyTee
02-05-2010, 21:02
I was over by the long water today.

A guy put out about 100 kilo of carp catcher ketchup flavour shelf life baits.

All I could see were simmo's and the other guy's there I couldn't understand as they only spoke in polish.

I can't wait for the next season, I just hope I get a swim.

:thumbs: :D :norty:

Elty
03-05-2010, 16:42
was over there today. didn't find anything other than a dead mirror around 18lb by the outlet.

joe_h
03-05-2010, 18:25
i found a tethered common there last week, but called a mate down and freed it luckily.

catchin
03-05-2010, 19:04
i found a tethered common there last week, but called a mate down and freed it luckily.

That'll be the jam-rolls:suspect:

CarperDel
03-05-2010, 19:17
If you find things like carp tethered out of season, and suspicious people drop into the main grounds of the hampton court gardens and let some one know Main bloke to speak to is a fella called Terry Gough, real nice bloke and be grateful someone has let him know....or come june the 16th your be chasing nothing but shadows...lol

catchin
03-05-2010, 19:19
That wouldnt be a big guy with a ginger beard by any chance would it???

bradders8
04-05-2010, 16:22
That wouldnt be a big guy with a ginger beard by any chance would it???

no thats neilz:norty:

Jamie
04-05-2010, 19:04
Neilz - those parks lakes have never had any secrets in them. The anglers fishing them ovr the years have reguarly published the fish in the papers and they have always been busy, be it the leg, di or heron, they are always rammed. Cheap decent fishing for anyone. The comments about the bait are a short sighted too. Those fish had put on massive weight gains before that baiting team were on there. The other lakes they were stocked into have shown big weight increases too, making 50+ in one of them.

IMO I don't think that thread made a difference. Those lakes have been been the breeding grounds of some of the best anglers in the area and the busy, pressured nature of them certainly made them great waters for people to learn their trades.

catchin
04-05-2010, 19:47
no thats neilz:norty:

PMSL:lol::clap:

Elty
05-05-2010, 11:02
Neilz - those parks lakes have never had any secrets in them. The anglers fishing them ovr the years have reguarly published the fish in the papers and they have always been busy, be it the leg, di or heron, they are always rammed. Cheap decent fishing for anyone. The comments about the bait are a short sighted too. Those fish had put on massive weight gains before that baiting team were on there. The other lakes they were stocked into have shown big weight increases too, making 50+ in one of them.
IMO I don't think that thread made a difference. Those lakes have been been the breeding grounds of some of the best anglers in the area and the busy, pressured nature of them certainly made them great waters for people to learn their trades.

Really?!

joe_h
05-05-2010, 11:18
the fish are cracking, what other lakes were they stocked in? pm?

also is the general consesus that all the fish are staying put in heron for the mo?

joker
08-05-2010, 08:02
Really?!

savay..:)

fisherthon
10-05-2010, 17:09
Came Today :thumbs:

Elty
10-05-2010, 20:08
dito!

had a wonder round bushey today. people already baiting up.

fisherthon
11-05-2010, 06:23
dito!

had a wonder round bushey today. people already baiting up.

Thats good. Means I can catch on singles :clap:

alemac1
11-05-2010, 07:19
to be fair to those guys your talking about, they went on to get banned by the parks police and the place has definitely gone downhill since then. When they were fishing there the amount of bait they were putting in to the main lake definitely helped weight gains for most of the carp and many other anglers benefited from this

have seen a photo album from one of the guys you are talking about. they were doing huge amounts of bait werent they.

herculies01
11-05-2010, 09:57
have seen a photo album from one of the guys you are talking about. they were doing huge amounts of bait werent they.

some times upto 15kg of bait a day,everyday all week and would even bait up over you when fishing:mad: :dissapoint: :mad:

alemac1
11-05-2010, 10:08
thats insane amounts. totally mental haha i use that much in 6 months if im lucky.

dont agree with the baiting up over you if you were fishing. thats not decent.

PM

Elty
11-05-2010, 13:10
not decent?! the guy would get a slap!

bradders8
11-05-2010, 16:09

dont think you would:lol:

Elty
11-05-2010, 16:34
so you'd just sit there and let him do it?!

fisherthon
11-05-2010, 17:51
You`d have to make your feelings known. Or perhaps walk your dog when he was fishing :lol:

skribzz
07-06-2010, 12:18

I Dont think u would kenny at all mate! Keyboard braveness again??

TomWaltonCarper
07-06-2010, 12:21
lol, baiting up, all part and parcel of modern carping

skribzz
07-06-2010, 12:50

These park lakes are for people who dont want 2 work at catching big fish,to be honest the good anglers around the area class them as a bit of a joke..we use them in the depths of winter,wen propa lakes close up...no amount of private messaging is gunna relieve the pressure on a 2acre park lake in this area with that stock,like u said for 55...publicity.:lol:

NEILZ
07-06-2010, 17:26

These park lakes are for people who dont want 2 work at catching big fish,to be honest the good anglers around the area class them as a bit of a joke..we use them in the depths of winter,wen propa lakes close up...no amount of private messaging is gunna relieve the pressure on a 2acre park lake in this area with that stock,like u said for 55...publicity.:lol:

Depths of winter!!!!lol So Terry and Mark only fished the winter when they were on there??? Errrrr no, saw them all season. To be honest Mr Skribbla im certain ive seen you on there in the Summer, not only on the Heron but on the Diana as well....Or are we saying Diana is a "PROPA" water, as you put it????

Jamie
07-06-2010, 17:37
the 'good' anglers I know in the area regard them as the learning waters they are and have always been and not really a joke. Plenty learned their way over there and some of them are still seen on the banks now and then... Silly to disregard those lakes as jokes IMO when you consider the anglers that they have produced.

NEILZ
07-06-2010, 17:42
the 'good' anglers I know in the area regard them as the learning waters they are and have always been and not really a joke. Plenty learned their way over there and some of them are still seen on the banks now and then... Silly to disregard those lakes as jokes IMO.

If you read my post Jamie you will see i most definitely dont disregard those lakes as a joke, it was skribbz who said that. ive fished those lakes on and off for the last 4 or 5 seasons

Mr.T
07-06-2010, 17:44

Fair play your a twat. You think are amazing because you might splash out for expensive syndicates. I certainly worked hard for the fish I caught. Going up there loads on many days, riding from home on my bike, baiting, watching, e.t.c. Yes I could have still caught if I didn't but I like to feel I have deserved my fish. I would like to see you haul day in day out. Are you some kind of elite angler? I know plenty of decent anglers who fish these waters and have fished on these waters, the ticket is cheap because it is a Royal Park and at these times the cheaper tickets and sometimes the only option for some people. So I would to say to you **** you.

NEILZ
07-06-2010, 17:57
Fair play your a twat. You think are amazing because you might splash out for expensive syndicates. I certainly worked hard for the fish I caught. Going up there loads on many days, riding from home on my bike, baiting, watching, e.t.c. Yes I could have still caught if I didn't but I like to feel I have deserved my fish. I would like to see you haul day in day out. Are you some kind of elite angler? I know plenty of decent anglers who fish these waters and have fished on these waters, the ticket is cheap because it is a Royal Park and at these times the cheaper tickets and sometimes the only option for some people. So I would to say to you **** you.

PMSL!!!!!

Mr.T
07-06-2010, 18:00
I say what I feel :)

kenmundo
07-06-2010, 18:01
somebody hit it, that's a screamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.T
07-06-2010, 18:05
That never gets old :brick:

NEILZ
07-06-2010, 18:08
Roll on June 16th......An all out Brawl down at Bushey!!!! Ha Ha

Jamie
07-06-2010, 18:10
neilz - my comments were aimed at scribiz - none to you mate.

bradders8
07-06-2010, 18:15
bushy= back stabing w***ers

Mr.T
07-06-2010, 18:17

Another comment which tries to generalise all the anglers on that fish at Bushy Park. Shows the intelligence of some people on this forum :rolleyes:

NEILZ
07-06-2010, 18:19

OOOOHH!! the plot thickens, did someone upset you at Bushey Bradders????

bradders8
07-06-2010, 18:21
Another comment which tries to generalise all the anglers on that fish at Bushy Park. Shows the intelligence of some people on this forum :rolleyes:

theres a lot on there thats all mate

catchin
07-06-2010, 18:50
PMSL.....:lol:

Let's get ready to-------

RUMBLE!!!!

fisherthon
07-06-2010, 19:19
Looking forward to next Wednesday everyone... :nuts:

kenmundo
07-06-2010, 19:21
oh my, used to be a nice water with a lot of friendly faces when i fished it. severe humour malfunction.

and no Mr t (small t, common there's only one Mr Big T) that never ever ever gets old. :-)

Mr.T
07-06-2010, 20:06
Man you are funny I am not going to lie :confused:

kenmundo
07-06-2010, 20:22
okay okay, lets get back on track - how long do i need to boil my hemp for? J.O.K.E.S

tadpole
07-06-2010, 20:29
Just a quickie ....Been baiting a spot about ten yards out in front of this dead tree since the start of the close season....would be grateful if this little area could be left free for me opening day.Have so far put in about 70 k of Richworth Tutties....You know it's a winner...!!

Many thanks lads and good luck to all that are down there this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/fishy69/699717_10c6d017.jpg

See you all on the 16th early doors.

Regards Tad.

Mr.T
07-06-2010, 20:35
Good luck to all the anglers on Bushy this year (including the ****ers) :thumbs:

NEILZ
07-06-2010, 21:17
Just a quickie ....Been baiting a spot about ten yards out in front of this dead tree since the start of the close season....would be grateful if this little area could be left free for me opening day.Have so far put in about 70 k of Richworth Tutties....You know it's a winner...!!

Many thanks lads and good luck to all that are down there this year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/fishy69/699717_10c6d017.jpg

See you all on the 16th early doors.

Regards Tad.

One of the best areas on the lake Tad. Beware though, been very very popular with the regulars over the last couple of seasons!!!! Go for it:thumbs:

tadpole
07-06-2010, 21:22
So iv'e heard Nielz.........At least my bait boat won't look out of place .....;)

Regards Tad.

TomWaltonCarper
07-06-2010, 21:25
lol, got to love the people fishing the boating pool all the way from the main lake

Elty
09-06-2010, 12:15
the 'good' anglers I know in the area regard them as the learning waters they are and have always been and not really a joke. Plenty learned their way over there and some of them are still seen on the banks now and then... Silly to disregard those lakes as jokes IMO when you consider the anglers that they have produced.

thats the problem though jamie, that the lakes have become a joke, not for the actual fishing but for the stroke pulling and underhanded behaviour that is constant.

bens5world
21-09-2010, 14:54
Anyone know of any news from the longwater? Much come out this season?

catchin
21-09-2010, 15:04
Have a walk along it at night and ask the eastern European guys with the big nets.....:nono2:

Don't talk to the ones with deer hanging over there shoulders though, they know nothing..:suspect:

bens5world
21-09-2010, 16:29
That's a cracking fish courcha92. Not one of the better known fish either.