PDA

View Full Version : A Lakes Stock Origin

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 10:18
How can i find out where and when carp where put into a lake i fish?

PLEASUREANGLER
08-02-2010, 10:21

Contact SIS but you will need to be security cleared. :lol:

http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/sis-home-welcome.html

carpmanjay
08-02-2010, 10:23
it would be great if there was a national archive of all stockings!!!!

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 10:26
Contact SIS but you will need to be security cleared. :lol:

http://www.sis.gov.uk/output/sis-home-welcome.html

now i know how you have made so many posts in only 6 weeks :dissapoint:

mark455
08-02-2010, 10:29

You can always ask your club commitee/governing body. They should have kept any stocking records.

PLEASUREANGLER
08-02-2010, 10:29
now i know how you have made so many posts in only 6 weeks :dissapoint:

Yes it can be slow on surveillance. :lol:

Are you bored counting them? :lol:

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 10:33
Yes it can be slow on surveillance. :lol:

Are you bored counting them? :lol:

Do me a favour if you have nothing to contribute to my post stop spamming it.

I will get in touch with the lea valley as its one of there waters cheers Mark

PLEASUREANGLER
08-02-2010, 10:39

Sorry I did not realise you could not take a joke, Monday morning blues?

As for carp going into lakes, when, by whom, from where, good luck. :lol:

KennyB
08-02-2010, 10:46

Which one?

Alot of the Lea Valley fish have been moved about from lake to lake over the years, so I doubt the parks even know the complete truth to be honest.

Strider
08-02-2010, 12:15

I will get in touch with the lea valley as its one of there waters cheers Mark[/QUOTE]

what water do you want to 'know' about Knowing? :D

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 13:20

what water do you want to 'know' about Knowing? :D[/QUOTE]

Nursery pit near slipe lane :wave:

Strider
08-02-2010, 13:45
if its the small lake/pond on the left as you walk down from slipe lane sorry mate cant help, remember someone telling me years ago there were some small carp in there, :thumbs:

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 13:53
if its the small lake/pond on the left as you walk down from slipe lane sorry mate cant help, remember someone telling me years ago there were some small carp in there, :thumbs:

yeah thats it. they are small and have been there a while most are under doubles trying to work out what strain they are have been told possibly mk1 simmos?

Strider
08-02-2010, 14:16
dont think they were stocked by lvrp, they were in there before parks had anything to do with slipe lane complex, if they were simmos theyd be 40's by now :lol:

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 14:19
dont think they were stocked by lvrp, they were in there before parks had anything to do with slipe lane complex, if they were simmos theyd be 40's by now :lol:

nursery is not part of slipe lane its seperate and wasnt stocked when slipe lane was ive just been told

Strider
08-02-2010, 14:32
If youve been told by parks they wouldnt have a clue about the stocking, I know its not part of the complex but as its so close wouldnt be surprised if one of the consortium clubs put fish in there years ago.In the 80's there were several stockings by consortium, unfortunately their numbers never added up, remember seeing a stocking record for the lea pit about 20 years ago, according to the paperwork hundreds of carp were put in there over a number of years, in reality there were probably less than 20 fish.

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 14:45
If youve been told by parks they wouldnt have a clue about the stocking, I know its not part of the complex but as its so close wouldnt be surprised if one of the consortium clubs put fish in there years ago.In the 80's there were several stockings by consortium, unfortunately their numbers never added up, remember seeing a stocking record for the lea pit about 20 years ago, according to the paperwork hundreds of carp were put in there over a number of years, in reality there were probably less than 20 fish.

we come under churchgate angling and if there was some in there they was taken out before we as a club took over. or as you said they might have have lied about what was put in.

the ones that are in there now where stocked mid 90s wjich would add up as to why there only small

Strider
08-02-2010, 14:53
:thumbs:

TONYM
08-02-2010, 15:06
we come under churchgate angling and if there was some in there they was taken out before we as a club took over. or as you said they might have have lied about what was put in.

the ones that are in there now where stocked mid 90s wjich would add up as to why there only small

Hello mate, I was a original member, guy who runs it was my neighbor, there wasn't a thing in there at the time, I guess we took it over about 22 years ago, we removed endless amounts of glass, and old bikes fridges etc etc, all of the carp came from a lee valley park water near broxbourne, can't remember the places name, no fishing there, country park just past carthagena, all done totally legit through the old lee valley officer, can't remember his name either lol

I had fish up to mid 20's, I havn't fished it for about 8 years, photographed one at 27 in my time there.

Pm, if you want to, but Is John Still RUnning it? lost his number when he moved away.

Paul_the_Bailiff
08-02-2010, 15:13
Hello mate, I was a original member, guy who runs it was my neighbor, there wasn't a thing in there at the time, I guess we took it over about 22 years ago, we removed endless amounts of glass, and old bikes fridges etc etc, all of the carp came from a lee valley park water near broxbourne, can't remember the places name, no fishing there, country park just past carthagena, all done totally legit through the old lee valley officer, can't remember his name either lol

I had fish up to mid 20's, I havn't fished it for about 8 years, photographed one at 27 in my time there.

Pm, if you want to, but Is John Still RUnning it? lost his number when he moved away.

Craig Baldwin??

TONYM
08-02-2010, 15:19
Thats the one, Craig Baldwin.

ta m8

Strider
08-02-2010, 15:20
Craig Baldwin or Anthony Sylvester (aka ajs fisheries) Clayton Hill was the old lee valley parks holding pond, timescale seems about right as I say 20 yrs ago knew there were small carp in there, if they came from clayton hill they would have been fishers pond, some of the same fish were nicked and and put into bowyers water, about a dozen, some are still going strong most went well past 30, some gone 40 busted rib now dead went about 41/42, little leather still about goes 40plus, your brother may bump into her Tony M:D

TONYM
08-02-2010, 15:27
knowing him, he probably will, jammy git!!!

Clayton Hill. that was the place, Got Craig ****ed once, and got him to allow a few of us to fish it for one night only, problem was, we turned up, and all got kicked off, we wasn't that stealthy back then lol.
I remember the first netting bringing a load of upper doubles, which we wasn't allowed, we took about 20, biggest was about 4lb, There was always rumours that a few of the lads had put a few in from the river, which may ring true, as we didn't put know commons in, but I had one at 19lb before I left for pastures new.

tincabell
08-02-2010, 16:04
A handful of the Nursery carp came from a lake near the nut house in Epping Forest.

The lake was grossly overstocked and many of the fish were in pretty poor condition.

We electro-fished it about 15 years ago. On the way back the trailer flipped and the bulk of the fish died or were given a severe dose of gravel rash.

It was quite a sight with loads of fish all over Junction 26 of the M25.
Some were saved and held in tanks until they had recuperated.

For such manky looking fish they received one of the cleanest bill of health I had ever seen and they subsequently stocked into Nursery where they have come on leaps and bounds I am lead to believe.

Carper Bliss
08-02-2010, 16:15
A handful of the Nursery carp came from a lake near the nut house in Epping Forest.

The lake was grossly overstocked and many of the fish were in pretty poor condition.

We electro-fished it about 15 years ago. On the way back the trailer flipped and the bulk of the fish died or were given a severe dose of gravel rash.

It was quite a sight with loads of fish all over Junction 26 of the M25.
Some were saved and held in tanks until they had recuperated.

For such manky looking fish they received one of the cleanest bill of health I had ever seen and they subsequently stocked into Nursery where they have come on leaps and bounds I am lead to believe.

interesting so there must be a few fish in the lake? strange tho as all the ones ive had are mint

tincabell
08-02-2010, 17:07
Sorry I didnt make that very clear it was the lake in Epping Forest that was grossly over stocked.

The fish that went into Nursery have really flourished I have been told.

stubill
08-02-2010, 23:51
Strider, is the leather nude?

Strider
09-02-2010, 13:40
Strider, is the leather nude?

http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu143/strider1photo/img125.jpg

Miserableoldgit
09-02-2010, 17:12

For most waters that’s actually quite a difficult question to answer…….;)

I normally try to find out how long the water has existed as a fishery (or place to fish). Then I try to look for archive material from around that time to see if there are any recorded carp captures and / or photo’s. Often a photo will give you a good indication as to the probable strain ………

Once the above have been established I then try to reliably find out when stockings may have been made and the probable numbers.

It’s a bit like family genealogy but a 1000 times more difficult.

However, once the facts are found it can be an eye opener………….

On one of my waters (4 acres) I have reliably found that it was stocked with 5 dustbin full’s of hand sized carp in the early 70’s ………..Popular belief is that their were only 20 carp to mid double in the lake, consequently it was not fished much and left mainly as a little used match venue. Once I had found the history I fished it in anger last year and had 62 fish from upper singles to mid twenties ……….

He other water I fish is another of these venues that supposedly only has a handful of fish, may 10 or 15 ……….. So far I have found that it was last mined at the outbreak of WW1 and was allowed to flood in the early 1920’s. The lake is stream fed and the carp seem to have come from the stream system (the only reliable stocking info is bream – thousands of the blighters !), so my guess is that they are really river carp from very, very old stock. This would tie in nicely with how the stream system feeds the main rivers around here. These fish are very dark and all of them go from low 20’s to about 30 (I am guessing here as the largest recorded was caught 10 years ago by a match angler and weighed 27 ……….. There was some stocking of wild carp about 8 years ago and these were between 6 to 10 pounds. Currently, I am thinking that the head of carp is much greater that the 10 – 15 fish quoted, but this place has an abundance of high quality natural food it is unsurprising that the are fish rarely seen on the bank ……….. I spent a lot of time on the water last summer just watching and noted that 10 to 15 fish were often near the surface (not always the same fish, but difficult to ascertain)………. It is generally thought that you might see 5 to 10% of the stock on any one day…………

stubill
10-02-2010, 02:11
That's a mighty fine fish Strider, answers my question. Thanks.

Carper Bliss
10-02-2010, 15:12
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu143/strider1photo/img125.jpg

what lake is this from?

TONYM
10-02-2010, 15:25
could tell you Bill, but would have to set Turkish on you afterwards lol

u

Strider
10-02-2010, 17:27
what lake is this from?

No secret Knowing, Bowers, unless your names been on the list for about six years or more it'll be dead by the time you got a ticket, closed list, dead mans shoes, etc. pic about 15 yrs old mid 20 then. :thumbs: The fish not me, I wish :lol: