PDA

View Full Version : kd rig?

TomWaltonCarper
06-02-2010, 20:18
just wondered if anyone on here has used it with bottom baits to good effect?

its been well published on pop ups just never seen it used with sinkers

psl2708
06-02-2010, 20:24
eye tied hairs as they were called back in the day have been used with bottom baits from the eighties onwards, there is essentially very little difference between a hair coming from the back of the eye and the KD.

There's not much new in carp fishing ;)

Dan78
06-02-2010, 21:43
I had fish from all the 4 waters I fished last year like this. All nailed in the centre of the bottom lip.

I must admit, all baits were "tipped" with fake corn.

carpiecarpio
07-02-2010, 10:34
it would work better with a bouyant bait as the whole idea is to make the eye light thus making the point heavy. The purpose of the rig then is like many others such as the claw rig and the like where silicon traps the hair near the bend of the hook making the point heavy. In my opinion if you just wanted to use a standard bottom bait then use it on a rig such as that. A pop-up or bouyant bait however and a kd is lovely.

Lakeside layabout
07-02-2010, 14:14
Yep used many times with bottom baits good hooking record for me,but only used with flro hook links,IMHO I can see no reason why the bait needs to be a pop up.

carpiecarpio
07-02-2010, 15:30
Yep used many times with bottom baits good hooking record for me,but only used with flro hook links,IMHO I can see no reason why the bait needs to be a pop up.

theres nothing saying it needs to be but then there's nothing saying you need to fish a chod with a pop-up, both rigs are just better suited to pop-ups due to the mechanics of the rig in my opinion, that doesn't mean mine is the right opinion though lol