PDA

View Full Version : Ringwood, Northfield main pit (White lake)

flex21
26-01-2010, 13:02
Hi,

Anyone have any information on this venue would be much appreciated,

have been told that there are 15+ 30lb carp (largest 39lb) and cats up to 40 but no idea on the rest of the stocking? Also have been told stocked last year with 100lb of carp. 6-8lb.

Cheers

Cooperman
26-01-2010, 14:07
is that not enough carp to have a go for already? sounds good to me.

bulove
26-01-2010, 14:11
main pit now has so many carp in it... full on noddie water.

bring back the old days... when there were very few fish in there

flex21
26-01-2010, 14:44
true cooperman just interested to know other things about it thats all. will be fishing between there and hightown.

mr_penetrator
26-01-2010, 14:48
main pit now has so many carp in it... full on noddie water.

bring back the old days... when there were very few fish in there

Amen

flex21
26-01-2010, 15:04
That bad is it? looks like hightowns gonna have to be my first choice then and when its full just go on northfield main for a runs water..

what to do???

mr_penetrator
26-01-2010, 15:08
Top tip for hightown - Keep off treetops in Hurricanes!

flex21
26-01-2010, 15:16
lol, have been told u get constant bream on you fishing particles? at hightown?

trescomackey
26-01-2010, 15:25
Hello

I hav'nt been fishing in the Ringwood Valley area for about 7/8 years, how's Somerley fishing nowadays, I learnt to fish on the wash pit and the main lake in the late 80's early 90's, always fancied popping back for a nostalgia trip oneday.

flex21
26-01-2010, 15:32
Somerley is on Christchurch angling club, its got a good head of twenties largest fish out is a 38lber, i hear.

Christchurch angling is in trouble at the moment though losing parts of river, so might not be renewing some of the lake leases? well thats what i hear from the locals. Where as ringwood is growing in members..

trescomackey
26-01-2010, 15:48
I think it always been the way with the 2 clubs, one always seems to be in better shape than the other. They should get together and just make one club, imagine all the water it would control in west Hants and Dorset.

flex21
26-01-2010, 15:56
Yeah, There are alot of ringwood members at the moment the pits are very busy, but i am lucky enough to be able to do midweek sessions.

Flipper_al
26-01-2010, 16:16
Northfield, the only place in over 25years of carp angling, where some scum bag tried to steal my gear
Now i wouldn't walk round it never mind fish it

mr_penetrator
26-01-2010, 18:33
Northfield, the only place in over 25years of carp angling, where some scum bag tried to steal my gear
Now i wouldn't walk round it never mind fish it

Only place I ever trod in man poo! :dissapoint:

bulove
26-01-2010, 20:16
it used to be an awesome place.... needed waders to fish the only few swims on the lake
with a handfull of cracking commons with a couple of mirrors..
then they cained the place and filled it full of simmo's and noddies...
but it brings in the money.. hence why ringwood is now rolling in spondoolies

Phil_Appleby
27-01-2010, 09:00
Only place I ever trod in man poo! :dissapoint:

Did you never fish Broadlands in the 90's?!

Phil_Appleby
27-01-2010, 09:02
it used to be an awesome place.... needed waders to fish the only few swims on the lake
with a handfull of cracking commons with a couple of mirrors..
then they cained the place and filled it full of simmo's and noddies...
but it brings in the money.. hence why ringwood is now rolling in spondoolies

Yes I remember, wasn't one of the originals Rocky? That one still in there?

What with many lakes going syndicate and some getting messed up by bad stocking policies, and the remaining ones you can actually fish being ruined by bank restrictions, chavs, and swim rotation the local fishing scene is a shadow of what it once was.

mr_penetrator
27-01-2010, 09:04
Did you never fish Broadlands in the 90's?!

No Phil, I had no desire to even look at the place mate

rwoo
27-01-2010, 11:03
Think you'll find the biggest in there is around 37lb. The 39 that was "alledgedly 39" was nowhere near........ Also I doubt that theres 15 30's in there - lets just say some people are not very good at fish recognition......probably no more than 10 x 30's in there. Lots of cats, decent bream averaging about 8lb, some tinca's. It does get busy at weekends and school holidays but otherwise its not too bad.

The whole complex is now fully fenced in and its a lot more secure than in years gone by.....although as has been said, it has been heavily "simmo-fied" and contains too many fish to ever bring it up to the standard or the other nearby pits!

flex21
27-01-2010, 13:27
Sorry rwoo just going on what i have been told. have also heared that the place is alot more secure with the installtion of large fence and gate.

cal35
27-01-2010, 16:10
it would be a lot safer if the people didnt leave the gate open when they fish in there, and then when you go to close it as you leave because you cant find a swim because the place is stuffed with chavs, they shout at you not to close it because their mate is coming in later and he doesnt have a key...

flex21
28-01-2010, 08:16
hmmm from all these great reviews think i will have to avoid it and just stick to hightown and half pit. cheers

chewbakka
14-07-2010, 08:49
It aint that bad mate at all, i fish both lakes, hightown and northfield, and sometimes opt for northfield when hightown is fishing difficult. The gates make the place secure, and you will find the swims nearest the gate are always full of hero casters trying to reach the caravan park on the opposite side of the lake. As for the stock i dont have a problem catch lots of fish :) and its not as mucha runs water as some day ticket places ive been too still some nice fish in there but the size of the place doesnt garauntee they will be crawling up your rods. Unfortunately some of the guys visiting this place are a tad irrritating to be sure, SO try to keep away from other anglers is my advice. If you really dislike the crowds you can fish Caravan swim, which although is secluded and you have your own water there its a hell of a walk :) there are a good number of swims where you can find relative peace for your self on there and thats where i go to fish. You really gota go have a look at the place and decide for yourself, many of these comments are based on experiance years ago i think. Also unfortunately you get the same type of problems on many lakes these days and man turds can also be spotted on hightown unfortunately.