PDA

View Full Version : Private Lake..what would you do?

Carper Bliss
21-01-2010, 16:56
Near me is an old Manor House that was devided up into 10 luxury apartments back in 1996.

On the land off the manor is a 5 acre lake that is out of this world and completley un touched.

im not sure if there is anything even in there but i want to have a crack how should i go about it do i just go on there and see if i get kicked off or do you think i should knock on one of the doors and enquire?

an old lake like that could hold some very nice supprises

Santa3
21-01-2010, 16:57
Poach it,

ps,where is it?lol

TomWaltonCarper
21-01-2010, 17:02
Poach it,

ps,where is it?lol

ditto, il happily investigate depending on location

Zebady
21-01-2010, 17:07
I would just ask to have a look around. They might be reasonable people and let you have a dabble but if you just go and poach / guest it and get caught then they might not be so reasonable.

If they say no just poach it anyway, lol.:D

fishy_p
21-01-2010, 17:12
Is it near Broxbourne by any chance?

carpe1carpe
21-01-2010, 17:24
and to think...people on here knocked Nick for doing exact same thing!!!

PLEASUREANGLER
21-01-2010, 17:27
Remember what people do to intruders/liberty takers now???:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Crispy
21-01-2010, 18:20
do you have a son or nephew, turn up with said little un and a float rod and if anyone challenges you say could your lad fish for a few hours and who do you pay?

No-one will be too over the top with a young un in tow. Those carp rods are easy to hide.

cl4rkie
21-01-2010, 18:46
Find out who owns the land and then aproach the land owner. and go from there he may be up for leasing it to u.

i have 2 lakes now where a group of 20 of us found lakes and rather then poach them aproached the land owner and secured long term leases we all put money in had water tests done and stocked them 10 yrs on both have 40's in them up to 48lb and hardly ever get fished as we chose the right people to come in onit. hard work but worth it in the end.

PLEASUREANGLER
21-01-2010, 18:51
Near me is an old Manor House that was devided up into 10 luxury apartments back in 1996.

On the land off the manor is a 5 acre lake that is out of this world and completley un touched.

im not sure if there is anything even in there but i want to have a crack how should i go about it do i just go on there and see if i get kicked off or do you think i should knock on one of the doors and enquire?

an old lake like that could hold some very nice supprises

If you lived in a exclusive luxury private development, would you want a free loader carper off the street, lurking around? I think not.
Security, and your feet would not touch the ground.

tomlister
21-01-2010, 20:37
get in there mate, just get use to sleeping in the reeds!

rcp1
21-01-2010, 20:41
knock the door and say you are a keen photographer and ask if they would mind you taking some pics of the wildlife around the lake. Make several spotting visits with said cammera. This approach will usually work.
Once you get to know who owns it e.t.c you will have an idea of the lakes contents

Lol
21-01-2010, 21:58
Find out who owns the land and then aproach the land owner. and go from there he may be up for leasing it to u.

i have 2 lakes now where a group of 20 of us found lakes and rather then poach them aproached the land owner and secured long term leases we all put money in had water tests done and stocked them 10 yrs on both have 40's in them up to 48lb and hardly ever get fished as we chose the right people to come in onit. hard work but worth it in the end.

Sounds perfect to me mate :thumbs:

Psyclops
21-01-2010, 22:11

How long is the waiting list??;)

freerider
22-01-2010, 00:59

thats one way of doing it and look what happens when it does work, 2 lakes with fish to 40+ in them, or failing that try the photographer trick gotta be worth a try;)

Carper Bliss
22-01-2010, 08:52

How can you find the deed to who owns the land? i would rather approach and ask to fish but a syndicate is out of the question there is only one road in.

i would rather speak to someone and get on there myself then see what i can do from there

cl4rkie
22-01-2010, 09:00
for us it was just a case of contacting the farmers, in your case you may have to go to land registry to find out who owns the land and then go from there. maybe go in with a proposed day fishing only to start with.

Carper Bliss
22-01-2010, 09:29
for us it was just a case of contacting the farmers, in your case you may have to go to land registry to find out who owns the land and then go from there. maybe go in with a proposed day fishing only to start with.

i used to use land registry for work. if i remember rightly you had to register?

it luxury apartments tho that sell for around the 1million mark so im thinking if i do get on there it will probably only be me allowed :(

cl4rkie
22-01-2010, 09:31
knock the door and say you are a keen photographer and ask if they would mind you taking some pics of the wildlife around the lake. Make several spotting visits with said cammera. This approach will usually work.
Once you get to know who owns it e.t.c you will have an idea of the lakes contents

id go down this route then

ScottM
22-01-2010, 09:32
i know the land owner of this lake, so if you pm me the post code i should be able to meet you there and show you the spots you can fish

Hitchy
22-01-2010, 09:39
do you have a son or nephew, turn up with said little un and a float rod and if anyone challenges you say could your lad fish for a few hours and who do you pay?

No-one will be too over the top with a young un in tow. Those carp rods are easy to hide.

Like your style, cracker for observational purposes to establish if it's worth a real go on your own.

No point in the risk if your chasing maybes

Carper Bliss
22-01-2010, 09:49
i know the land owner of this lake, so if you pm me the post code i should be able to meet you there and show you the spots you can fish

Not to be funny but why do you need to know it if you know where it is?

TomWaltonCarper
22-01-2010, 10:28
real tree - job done

dolly
22-01-2010, 10:39

sussed :D

Smithy66
22-01-2010, 10:49

Perhaps your name could be classified under 'Trade Descriptions'? The Knowing pmsl! :lol:

ScottM
22-01-2010, 10:50

JUST GIVE ME THE POSTCODE :D

Carper Bliss
22-01-2010, 10:52
its in the epping area good luck finding it :thumbs:

Archie
22-01-2010, 12:15
http://www.ghilliesuit.co.uk/

Hitchy
22-01-2010, 12:19
Or no suite just the rifle.