PDA

View Full Version : Floating myths?

Strider
08-01-2010, 19:04
Just reading a thread on another part of the forum, where someone is claiming they were witnesing uneaten boilies floating up to the surface,although I remember hearing similar tales years ago, in 25 years of carpfishing I have never actually seen this phenomenon. Is this true or just another martin gay moment.

TCarper
08-01-2010, 19:05
True mate... seen it with tigers to..

richchappy
08-01-2010, 19:05
only freezer baits, not shelfies, but think it does depend on ingredients

Strider
08-01-2010, 19:08
I must be fishing the wrong (right} waters, thanks,:thumbs:

willowsage
08-01-2010, 19:10
Seen on Salisbury club water in late Seventies Strider. Milk protein based hnv's. Ours!!! Only happens with fresh/frozen bait though, due to lack of preservatives.

sherlock_h
08-01-2010, 19:16
Back in 88 on Darenth, a mate of mine moved into the swim the elders, a angler had just come out of there after a week of anging, he had put 11.000 fishmeal boilies in, so he said. So, the next morning my mate came and got me and said come and look at this. I couldn't beleive my eye's, there wer several 1.000 boilies floating in the margins and 100's more coming up. The funny thing was, my mate was on exactly the same bait. 5 minutes of me in his earhole and his confidence was well and truly gone, he had been punished. He was there for a week, he shot up the tackle box and got a bag of richworth tutti frutti's and caught 3 carp. 17,19 and a 21. I have never seen boilies come to the surface since. At the time nearly everyone was on premier baits.

stemainwaring
08-01-2010, 19:17
It's very true strider, i remember a few years ago, while on horton i remember about 30 kilos of whiskey nash bait floating towards me which only was introduced about 5 days previous, not sure about the fish but the seagulls loved it!

Strider
08-01-2010, 19:22
Back in 88 on Darenth, a mate of mine moved into the swim the elders, a angler had just come out of there after a week of anging, he had put 11.000 fishmeal boilies in, so he said. So, the next morning my mate came and got me and said come and look at this. I couldn't beleive my eye's, there wer several 1.000 boilies floating in the margins and 100's more coming up. The funny thing was, my mate was on exactly the same bait. 5 minutes of me in his earhole and his confidence was well and truly gone, he had been punished. He was there for a week, he shot up the tackle box and got a bag of richworth tutti frutti's and caught 3 carp. 17,19 and a 21. I have never seen boilies come to the surface since. At the time nearly everyone was on premier baits.

:thumbs: Didn't know jim shelley fished darenth in the 80's :lol:

Zebady
08-01-2010, 19:33
I've never witnessed this either. I remember putting about 3kg on a margin spot. I came back a week later to check the spot and all the baits were still there. :bonk:

Strider
08-01-2010, 19:41
Similar thing happened to me last year, at the end of a session had a couple of kg of bait left, rather than dry it out just dropped it out of an overhanging willow out of sight of the chickens, checked it out a week later and nigh on every bait was still there, frozen fishmeals as well, hence why I originaly asked the question.

Zebady
08-01-2010, 19:49
Yep, end of the session so i put them all on the spot as i left. I'd had fish feeding on it the day before but only a couple of handfulls at a time.

Not good for the confidence at all.

Strider
08-01-2010, 19:51
Can confidently rule out that area though :thumbs:

old git
08-01-2010, 19:52
Strider, for some reason a lot of tiger nut meal based baits float to the surface. A mate of mine had it down to a tee, 1 week and they were up, purposely made em that way.

Zebady
08-01-2010, 19:58
Can confidently rule out that area though :thumbs:

Too right, lol. I had baited it for a couple of weeks but just left it too long as the winds changed in the autumn.

Lesson learnt.

It was Premier baits Matrix.

nick29
08-01-2010, 21:50
I have seen it on more than one occasion.

gingerbloke
09-01-2010, 09:37
Also experienced this on Horton. 100's of dynamite tiger nut boilies floating into the swim. They absolutely honk!