PDA

View Full Version : Splodge on photos

Southern_carper
03-11-2009, 18:07
Have a Canon 350D.

Have noticed that all my pictures have this little blob on them, same place, is there a quick and easy way of sorting this ?

Shrop
03-11-2009, 18:08
I had this problem with my Alpha, just give the lens a good clean and the sensor a wipe over, but DO use a proper kit to do it, to save any scratches.

Southern_carper
03-11-2009, 18:11
Cheers Shrop, but its not the lens, well the detachable bit as i use more than one and its on all pics taking from all lens.

Sorry to sound useless but what is A SENOR ?

Shrop
03-11-2009, 18:13
Take off the lens as per usual, and its the first thing you see..

http://www.cleaningdigitalcameras.com/cleaning.html

Darren1978
03-11-2009, 18:19
As Shrop says, dust on the lens or the sensor. If your not confident of cleaning the sensor, then take it to your local camera shop and ask them if they will do it...if you try it and make a mess of it, it's an expensive mistake to make ;)

I know Park Cameras in Burgess Hill clean sensors and they charge 25 and will need your camera for a couple of days.

Clean the lens first with a microfibre cloth, take photo and check the results. If there are no marks, then problem solved. If they are still showing up, try a different lens if you've got one and check the results. If it's still present then it'll be a mark on the sensor, if the mark has gone then there is achance you could have a small mark/scratch on the first lens

Darren1978
03-11-2009, 18:21
Just seen your recent post Clint, definitely sounds like dust on the sensor

Lee S
03-11-2009, 18:39
and the sensor a wipe over.

DO NOT WIPE THE SENSOR!!!

well, not unless you want a camera shaped doorstop....

Southern_carper
03-11-2009, 21:49
Thanks guys, took a drive out in the car and a cpl of hrs scratching my head but thanks to you its all better many thanks :clap:

Benny_the_bream
03-11-2009, 22:12
Set your camera up pointing at the sky or white wall etc and stop right down to the smallest Fno you can I bet you will be shocked how much dust is on your sensor.
Shrop if you take the lens off you will see the mirror which gives you view in the view finder you will have to set the camera to cleaning mode which will hold the mirror up and the sensor will be exposed.
I have cleaned my sensor twice without problem make sure you use the correct kit.
I used pec pads which is an alchohol solution and hermetically sealed sensor wipe only ever wipe once with the same wipe (they are on a spatular thingy to reach into the sensor)
It really isnt worth paying someone to do it as long as your careful the kit costs about 18 quid and the solution is the best lens cleaner I have ever used.

mr_penetrator
04-11-2009, 06:59
Get somebody else to hold the fish Clint, should sort it...............the blob in the pic's is you :D

Tim_Kelly
04-11-2009, 12:52
Set your camera up pointing at the sky or white wall etc and stop right down to the smallest Fno you can I bet you will be shocked how much dust is on your sensor.
The dust you see when you do that is on the mirror or in the pentaprism. The sensor is behind the shutter!

Benny_the_bream
04-11-2009, 17:35
I ment when you take the pic not through the view finder

Tim_Kelly
04-11-2009, 20:15
Beg your pardon.

willowsage
10-11-2009, 22:04
Clint, you need to stop slopping your food around. God, you Wraysbury boys are all the same!!!