PDA

View Full Version : Printing pics from CD/USB

Johnny_Carp
13-10-2009, 03:25
Morning all :wave:

This might be a silly question, but one which has got me wondering...

If I save a load of photos from my SD card onto my computer, then delete the originals from the SD card - is it possible to take a USB/CD with the pics to the printing place and get them printed? :confused:

Sim0n
13-10-2009, 04:13
:confused:

Yup. Most photo places will have machines that will take CD, DVD, USB, any memory card known to man....

Johnny_Carp
13-10-2009, 05:25
Cool, thanks Sim0n...

So does that mean i could save and print any photo from the web and print it off in photo quality?

Sim0n
13-10-2009, 05:32
Yes, as long as it's saved in a format that the photo shops software can recognise e.g. .JPG . The quality of the print will depend upon how good the resolution of the file you've copied is.

Johnny_Carp
13-10-2009, 05:43
Is'nt that a bit naughty though? Not that i'm planning on it, im just surprised it's possible...no copyright infirngements?

Sim0n
13-10-2009, 13:01
Is'nt that a bit naughty though? Not that i'm planning on it, im just surprised it's possible...no copyright infirngements?

You never asked about copyright....
That is down to you. If it's a pic of Kylie 'for your own personal use', I think it will be ok. ;)

winkler
22-10-2009, 19:06
Web quality is not normally any good for printing though, files usually are small..

Ownership of images is a minefield, and very complex. Best advice as Simon said is for your own use only..