PDA

View Full Version : Print film......??

tadpole
13-08-2009, 20:49
Does any one still use a camera with print film and go down the developing /printing route any more?

Ive not used my old Nikon f4s for years and its just sitting in the loft gathering dust.

I can remember the two photos of a carp i caught yonks ago which made me think digi is the only way to go.I took a quick snap using a 100 asa fuji print film and my mate took a quick snap on his cheap low pixal cheapish Nikon coolpix compact.

I couldnt believe the difference in detail and vibrancy.......Now got a D70s and feel that for me ,will never use print film again.........

The two (life?) changing photos...

Print

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/fishy69/Picture001-1.jpg

Digi

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/fishy69/Picture036-1.jpg

Just wish the digital cameras were around for all the previous carp captures that i feel would look so muh better than some of my old dodgy snaps.:(

Regards Tad.

tenchtamer
13-08-2009, 21:08
They did a big comparison on the last series of the gadget show and came down strongly in favour of digi.

mikeakabigman
13-08-2009, 21:49
Not mention the ability with digi to instantly preview results and take many more shots depending on size of your storage media.
I took 3000 shots on my last photo trip, imagine doing that using film at 36 a time

Hitchy
14-08-2009, 09:14
I don't think you beat the days of going to Jessop's or where ether and getting old film processed..... ohhh the anticipation of it all.

walker
14-08-2009, 11:33
You've either taken those shots in full auto or different F stops, which gives the sharper image to the digi file.. Not really a good comparision I'd say...

Plus slides are the way forward if you prefer the film way.

milk_twosugars
19-08-2009, 13:39
Fish looks bigger in the film pic! :D

gloucesteroldspot
25-08-2009, 11:45
Still use a Leica Minilux 35mm when I don't want to lug the DSLR around. Local photo shop will develop film and put images on a CD only for a modest sum but still leave me the negatives if I want any traditional prints.

thicky
25-08-2009, 14:52
You've either taken those shots in full auto or different F stops, which gives the sharper image to the digi file.. Not really a good comparision I'd say...

Plus slides are the way forward if you prefer the film way.

VERY true m8......This is only my oppinion as well as a m8 or two who have compared slides and digi for Fish potraits only.....slide is without doubt better.
Obviously there are many things that are infinately better with Digi cameras but one on one for fish pictures only.....slide is still supreme. Now ive used digi for last 5 years or so and have bought a good slr digi and will continue to use it as the difference is only slight and the benifits greater.....but there is a difference.....so much so.....im considering taking 2 cameras with me in the future which is just blinking ridiculous!