PDA

View Full Version : Cats and Zander around Bedfordshire

Knockedover
24-06-2009, 08:19
I've recently been spending more and more time with my girlfriend in Bedfordshire (im from hampshire) and have checked out a few carp lakes so far but would at some point like to target a couple of fish on my wish list, cats and zander. I've done a bit of searching on the internet and not really found a great deal of information other than Leighton Buzzard Angling Club which has 3 good lakes with cats including the famous Claydon:cool: . Does anybody have any recommendations on some possible locations to look into around the Sandy area?
Any info would be very much appreciated :)

Many thanks

Vince

Peddars
24-06-2009, 13:24
Depends how much you want to spend ...
Withy Pool
Airman, on the Shefford Book
Ivel Valley, Dayticket

Knockedover
24-06-2009, 13:41
Day ticket would be prefered at the moment as it would be on an as an when basis until i move up next year and then club or sydicate would be on the cards:) Thanks for the info, I'll start researching straight away :)

Liambic
24-06-2009, 17:36
To catch cats regularly, claydon is a good bet, as its national trust property you have to be off the lake at stated times so night fishing is a no go. But theyfeed through the day and last light is best. Multiple catches used to be common, I fished it loads 10-15 years ago, and not much hs changed since. Best I had was 6 in a evening. Loads of Cats in there to Mid 30s. Huge Zander too but they seem to go missing in the summer, autumn sees them show again for some reason. Good little place but does get v busy.

incognito
25-06-2009, 14:05
for cats you cant go wrong with a leighton buzzard book. claydon , tiddenfoot and rackley hills. if you want a good zander then take a look at luton ac . wyboston south lagoon . plenty of zander to mid doubles. also you can fish it on a day ticket and it's about 10miles up the A1 from sandy . tight lines :)

daveaylett
26-06-2009, 07:37
Vince.

I'm from sandy myself....

If you want a day ticket for cats, try the Ivel Valley fishery in Broom.

Pop into Andy's Angling Center in Shefford as Andy sells the tickets for this place and can tell you the S.P.

Hope that helps

Dave

Knockedover
26-06-2009, 10:29
Plenty of great info to be going on there :) Many thanks :) :)