PDA

View Full Version : any1 fished the kennet (feltham piscatorial stretch at aldermaston)

deano123
23-06-2009, 22:40
i'm lookin 2 fish this stretch just wondered if any1 has had any luck there ?

Chris_Plumb
29-06-2009, 21:04
i'm lookin 2 fish this stretch just wondered if any1 has had any luck there ?

I fish the opposite bank (NAA) - occasionally - tis a hard water - though does hold some biggies - of most species barbel, chub, carp even has some big dace.....

C.

deano123
30-06-2009, 20:02
I fish the opposite bank (NAA) - occasionally - tis a hard water - though does hold some biggies - of most species barbel, chub, carp even has some big dace.....

C.

you say some biggies what sort of sizes ?

do you know if there are any big perch?

swimnicker
30-06-2009, 21:40
I recommend that you join a club in the Thatcham / Newbury area. Kennet holds good populations of quality chub and barbel in that stretch and not too hard fishing if you fish well. Cost you about 50 a season.The crabs are a pain but the barbel push them out when they are having it and the chub love a moving bait.

lawman
09-07-2009, 16:19
Fished this bit for many years. It is no easier or harder than any other part of the Kennet.
I only fish it now in the winter months when there is more water in the river and the big girls come out ;)

Ian

deano123
09-07-2009, 22:21
Fished this bit for many years. It is no easier or harder than any other part of the Kennet.
I only fish it now in the winter months when there is more water in the river and the big girls come out ;)

Ian

thanks lawman, u say u have fished it for years what sort of size do the chub & barbel average at and do you know if there are any big perch about on this stretch?:thumbs: :) :thumbs:

lawman
10-07-2009, 13:51
I would suggest they average around 7lb, standard Kennet size really, with the odd bigger one thrown in ;)
Not a whole lot of chub in this stretch, although I did have one afternoon on the hemp and caster back in 2001 and had 4 over 5lb and a 6lber. Very few since...
Never fished for the perch but as everyone knows, every bit of the Kennet has the potential to do 4lbers, the food source is there for them to grow big.

Tight lines

Ian

deano123
10-07-2009, 17:53
I would suggest they average around 7lb, standard Kennet size really, with the odd bigger one thrown in ;)
Not a whole lot of chub in this stretch, although I did have one afternoon on the hemp and caster back in 2001 and had 4 over 5lb and a 6lber. Very few since...
Never fished for the perch but as everyone knows, every bit of the Kennet has the potential to do 4lbers, the food source is there for them to grow big.

Tight lines

Ian

thanks lawman i am looking 4ward 2 havin a go down there now i know there is a chance of a couple of good fish 2 b had .:thumbs: :clap: :thumbs:

cuverdale
20-07-2009, 17:07
I belong to Feltham also so was interested in the replies. I've seen the pics on the website so I know there in there. From what I here it's a long walk & you have to empty the car for fear of some ba***rd breaking your windows that almost seems the norm these days?
Have heard there is nice fish but it's not baliffed & anyone can fish it & generally does!!
Like to hear how you do as I'm planning a go myself.

daytimedave
20-07-2009, 18:11
From what I here it's a long walk & you have to empty the car for fear of some ba***rd breaking your windows that almost seems the norm these days?

bit of an assault course getting down that lane to park aswell.
a proper bumpy track that one !,