PDA

View Full Version : Surrey/Sussex Cat venues

Wish4Fish
10-05-2009, 20:53
Hi fellow catters,

I'm looking for an all round venue for carp and cats in Surrey/Sussex prefereably a syndicate. I'm a member of Woking and had cats to 49lb, which was one of their biggest fish at the lowest weights, so now looking for a new venue/syndicate with BIG cats and big carp.

Any ideas other than day tickets would be gratefully received!

cheers

oh... and a river stretch for barbel and chub woould be good too! any ideas??

guybaxendale
11-05-2009, 09:28
Afraid most of the waters in Sussex (that I know of) are of the day ticket type - Can only suggest you get the CCG book on catfish waters that might come up with the goods.

nishi_kpatel
11-05-2009, 15:02
i know of a few lakes with some nice cats in it but they are not in your area. They are Darenth long lake and Furnace lakes are also good for cats. might be a little drive but worth it. the long lake had a 56 and 59lb come out a few weeks ago.

Jamie
11-05-2009, 15:05
yateley split and match lakes?

boat pool syndicate (although there is a waiting list?)

gloucesteroldspot
11-05-2009, 16:14
Badshot Lea on the Farnham ticket. Cats to 60+ in there, plus carp, grass carp and the usual stillwater species.

Wish4Fish
11-05-2009, 20:25
cheers guys,
all great suggestions, I'm a member of CCG and had the book, was hoping there were one or two that never made it into the book! The farnham ticket might be the answer but i think my Woking ticket allows the odd Farnham swap as they'r right next to each other. Didn't badshot have a few fish deaths a year or two ago?? Never fished Yately so will check out the deal, oh... and waiting list!! furnace isn't that far

I love this time of year for both cats and carp but really frustrated that when catting it takes 8 months for a few good tempertures and then you only get about 4-5 hours of darkness at the most! Gggrrrr...