PDA

View Full Version : Buying a ticket???!!!!

Crafty_Carper
05-11-2002, 21:44
hello peeps,, I wanna fish south lake this sunday, me and my m8 that is, just a few questions about gettin a ticket. I cajnt get to the tackle shop before sunday to buy the tickets, on sunday the tackjle shop is closed, correct me if iim wrong, and and buying an online day ticket u have to do it 5 days in advance well so it says. so if i get up sunday say and decided 2 do a spot of fishing at south lake i cant cus i cant get a ticket, this is stupid, can u buy tickets on the lake itself,, also can i just buy a ticket online nite before i go fishing does it still owrk even though it says about that 5 day thing,, cheers dave

Nerys
06-11-2002, 10:54
Crafty

No tickets available on the bank for either South or Sandy..

We come across it a lot on Sandy especially on a sunday, unfortunately if you turn up without one on a sunday there is nothing we can do and you will not be permitted to fish.. South will be the same.

For the bailiff's to sell tickets on the bank would be a nightmare, for starters, there is the safety aspect of carrying money, then there will always be someone out to make a quick buck by fiddling the system (Swan Valley's ex HB offered to sell us tickets written in pencil, for £2.50 he would re-write the ticket for the next day..bless his cottons.. http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif)

Even if the bailiff team is whiter than white, http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/ooo.gif not all the visiting anglers are http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/mad.gif, we have been warned about fake internet tickets or passes being shown for instance..... http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

However, I do agree that it would be good if there were somewhere we could send people on a sunday to buy a ticket.. We do get the odd occasion when the lake fishes its socks off on a Saturday for someone who is on till sunday morning and then fancies extending their stay.. at present they are unable to do that, which purely from a business point of view results in lost revenue.. I can think of at least 5 or 6 occasions in recent times when we have had to turn folks off (in the nicest possible way) or turn them away...

Ian, this may not be feasible as YAC are not open on a sunday, the only local angling shop that is, are Crowsport in Crowthorne, which may not be the ideal place either *cough*, they do have their own DT water after all...

Before the office moved, that may have been a suggestion, I'm sure Adrian would have been happy to take money for RMC on a sunday morning.... http://www.rmcangling.co.uk/forum/images/graemlins/blush.gif , but I think sending people to Thorpe may be it bit far - they would end up breaking the 1 hour off rods limit before they managed to get back!

Any suggestions? I know Ian, you will say they should be more organised and not decide last minute, but if you were on fish and supposed to be pulling off Sunday at 7am - surely you can appreciate those who would want to stay on for an extra day... the trouble with a day ticket water, is that people expect to be able to buy a ticket for the day on the day including sundays..

UKKID
06-11-2002, 11:15
I am sure its not the cheapest option but what about a ticket machine like at linear fisheries.??

Nerys
06-11-2002, 11:31
I think the trouble with that would be that it would become a target or 'challenge' for the local kids....

we discussed having a 'strong box' somewhere to leave life jackets, tools etc etc in, but it would soon be found and demolished....

UKKID
06-11-2002, 12:03
Yeah I suppose that is a potential problem. The more secure you try and make something, the kids see it as a challenge.

ukkid

ChrisB
06-11-2002, 12:27
Just a thought, but something like the local video shop, or all day supermarket, may be prepared to sell them. They seem to sell everything else, and if they were going to get extra traffic buying food, crisps, papers etc. they could be up for it. Can't see Blockbuster in Sandhurst going for it as national chain, but a franchise or local guy probably would.

Matt_C
06-11-2002, 13:12
Years ago when Wraysbury 2 used to be day ticket we used to go Pike fishing there and we were able to get our day tickets from a paper shop in the villiage.

Nerys
06-11-2002, 13:36
Actually Pet Emporium in sandhurst may do it, especially seeing as they have a tie in with the lake (I understand our Head Bailiff's daughter is working there now....)

and they sell dog biscuit, trouties, hemp etc!

Although I think it's probably best to check with officialdom at RMC first before its mentioned to Pete in there....

Crafty_Carper
06-11-2002, 21:44
hi, thank for youre input people, one more thing about buying day tickets online,,,

It says u must buy them 5 days in advance but u can still carry on and buy them for any day, so if u brough a ticket for the next day what would stop me using it, and why do u have to buy 5 day in advance?

allan
08-11-2002, 22:34
I may be wrong, but I would imagine that buying 5 days in advance gives the office a chance to send you your ticket by post. You can purchase online, but you would not have a receipt or ticket to prove you had done so and the bailiffs would not let you fish without one.

allan
10-11-2002, 00:22
Ooops!!! Sorry Ian, I didn't read page 2 before I posted my reply.